Verizon "Customer Service" will not respond
Jetson2

We recently switched to Verizon and it has been nothing but problems, and I can't seem to get anybody to fix it.

We have 3 phones. 2 are on the edge plan. For the third he said our credit limit wasn't high enough so it HAD to be on a 2 year contract. We did not want a phone on a 2 year contract, but he told my husband there were no other options so my husband did the paperwork so they could order our phones.

I went back to the store with him to ask about this because it doesn't make sense to me that since his credit limit was about $200 short of what we needed he couldn't pay the overage, but he could pay $200 for the phone to be on a 2 year contract. The salesman at the store said no problem if we wanted to pay for the phone, just to tell them that when we get the phones and bring them in for activation and they will switch the plan over.

We get the phones, and take them in telling them we do not want a 2 year contract and want to pay for the phone. They tell us we can't do that (after they activated it). So we would have to be without a phone for another 2 weeks while they send that one back and order a new phone under the new plan. This is not an option for us so we went to another store since the previous one had given us incorrect information twice now and they tell us something different every time we go in.

The new store makes some calls for us to figure out how they can fix it for us and is much more helpful. They basically return the phone and then resell us  the exact same phone and change the plan. Problem is they charge us an extra $35 restocking fee and then another $30 upgrade fee. We have to call customer service to get a refund.

We then get a bill that shows the phone is still under 2 year contract so there is an extra $35 activation fee on the bill that we were told repeatedly we wouldn't have since we never wanted a 2 year contract, and an extra $25 on the line since it is showing as under contract.

We have contacted customer service repeatedly. Twice they have said they will fix it and we will be refunded the fees we were charged but they need to check with the store to make sure the phone was paid off. We have never received a call back. We have been dealing with this for 2 weeks, and I have said I wanted the bill fixed before I pay it since we are owed $125 and I have very little confidence that we will get this money back if we just pay the extra. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that they need to keep checking with the store since on my online account it has a record of all the receipts showing exactly what was paid. Shouldn't they have access to this same info?

I'm tired of calling them over and over again and getting no answers or help, and this is getting very frustrating. How do I get them to actually do something? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes