Verizon purposefully neglect Deaf?
Profaniter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey guys how are you all doing?.. ok... as a deaf person myself, I've been furious with Verizon ever since, not only from before they refuse to allow us, deaf people to upgrade the phone at discounted price and kept our grandfathered plan which is unlimited data and text without voice minutes, surely, many of you understand that we deaf people need lots of data access to keep on the routine such as video chat to communicate with another deaf people, Verizon fail to recognize this important details in our lives, I understand that many of you people need unlimited data as well, I'm just speaking on the behalf of the deaf community. With that, I decided to let it go and I'll never win against them, I tried to talk to someone who would listen me out but no, I had to go and filed complaint with ADA and BBB to get on Verizon's butt... Now I am even more furious that Verizon had just announced that $5 unlimited international text (I'M ASSUMING since they mentioned TEXT) and I thought this would be nice for me since I have text plan which is also unlimited and NO, unfortunately, it doesn't apply to us deaf people, they only go for the HEARING people on their VOICE and TEXT plans... not only they give unlimited international text plan but also give out discounted rates on voice calls... Again, this is the second time that Verizon had failed to accommodate with the deaf people.. I am not angry or furious, just upset with how the customer services had been seeing us as a small and maybe worthless customers who have been paying for something they deserve.. you know? But I want to hear your thoughts on this... I don't just want to speak for myself but for everyone else who is deaf and hard of hearing people. We deserve something that keeps us going...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon purposefully neglect Deaf?
Big_D_Docking_Dude
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not deaf, myself, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. Verizon does currently offer plans for deaf people. I don't know the details, because it's never been anything that I've needed. You can get info on them by going in store, or contacting customer service (you can chat by clicking "Contact Us" then clicking "Live Chat"). I don't know if you've already looked into that, but I thought I'd weigh in. I wish you the best of luck!

0 Likes