Verizon only allows you to keep saved voicemails for a limited number of days. Is there a way to reset the number of days so you can keep messages saved for a longer period of time?
ddconceptus

Verizon only allows you to keep saved voicemails for a limited number of days.  Is there a way to reset the number of days so you can keep messages saved for a longer period of time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon only allows you to keep saved voicemails for a limited number of days. Is there a way to reset the number of days so you can keep messages saved for a longer period of time?
Tidbits
Legend

Listen to them and resave them I believe.

Re: Verizon only allows you to keep saved voicemails for a limited number of days.  Is there a way to reset the number of days so you can keep messages saved for a longer period of time?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon limits to 21 days.  You need to keep resaving.

Or use Google Voicemail, and you can save it as a file on your computer.  But it will only apply to messages going forward, any that are on the current voicemail system will need to be resaved every 21 days.  Verizon does contract with CBW  to give you the recorded voicemail as a file - Welcome Verizon Wireless Customers: CBW Productions

0 Likes
Re: Verizon only allows you to keep saved voicemails for a limited number of days.  Is there a way to reset the number of days so you can keep messages saved for a longer period of time?
ddconceptus

I do continue to save them, but each day the number of days these are saved continue to go down until they eventually run out of days they will go away.  For instance, I have some voice mails that started out being saved for 30 days.  They are now down to being saved to 1 day.  I want to see if there is a way to resent the number of days saved.  Just by saving them again, it does nothing to "reset" the days saved.  Would anyone know how to do this? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon only allows you to keep saved voicemails for a limited number of days. Is there a way to reset the number of days so you can keep messages saved for a longer period of time?
Stephanie-Rocks_
Enthusiast - Level 3

I changed from using the default Verizon voicemail to you using a free service called YouMail.

Basically, when you don't answer, callers will be routed to your YouMail voicemail instead of the default Verizon voicemail.  YouMail allows you get all of your voicemails emailed to you, so you can keep them forever.

However, this does not help with messages that are currently saved on the verizon system, to permanently save them check out: www.SaveMyVM.com

Good luck!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I once kept a voicemail for over two years by resaving it whenever the system told me that the 21 days has passed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ddconceptus,
Voicemails messages can be quite important, we want to make sure we help you with everything we can so you can keep them. What device model do you have? You may have the option to save them to the phone storage or SD card.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes