Verizon no longer supporting Remind App for Educators
teach11

I was just informed that the Remind App, which is a tool I use as an educator to communicate with parents, will no longer be supported by this carrier.  Verizon is charging the app company an additional fee as they are considering these texts spam.  It would be great if Verizon would reconsider their decision as this is an important app to have for both teachers and parents.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon no longer supporting Remind App for Educators
KBdubU
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too am a teacher and am very disappointed by this decision. I have used this method to communicate with parents and students for years and I love that they don't have my actual cell phone number. Almost all of my parents and students use the text feature because they don't want to download the app.  I am hoping that verizon will reverse the charges. ReverseTheFee​

jopapafivePS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Remind messages are not spam. This is a tool for EDUCATORS. I use my for my club soccer teams which are also non-profit. Remind is a great way to text/communicate ONE WAY.

SANMCG46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that Verizon needs to change their mind on this.  I am a High School  coach of 3 sports. This is the only way I have of communicating with all my athletes and their parents.  I know most teachers at the High school also use it as a means of communicating with parents and their students. I would hate to have to consider changing to another phone company.

psethom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!  This is a great tool for educators, parents, and students.  It certainly is not spam.  I also ask Verizon to reconsider. 

ALYRICH
Enthusiast - Level 1

ReverseTheFee​ As an educator and senior class sponsor, Remind is the tool used to communicate with students. Please reconsider this action!

cweb19
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great work Verizon.  You're willing to affect 7 Million students, staff, and families because you can't figure out your system issues.  You may want to hire some new coders or system engineers if they can't figure out how to stop flagging Remind texts as spam.  It sounds like don't you know how to fix the issue on your end, so you're just charging extra to release texts that are flagged as spam.

This link will take you to Reminds website with information about Verizon.

Verizon Fee | Remind

ARIZ18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree @teach11 !  I am also an Educator and I receive messages regarding activities for my student as well. 

This is very disappointing and am considering changing carriers;  as are others I know that have been affected.

Shame on you Verizon!!  Cancel the fee or get coders that can distinguish SPAM texts instead.

ARIZ18
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also an Educator and I receive messages regarding activities for my student as well.

This is very disappointing and am considering changing carriers;  as are others I know that have been affected.

Shame on you Verizon!!  Cancel the fee or get coders that can distinguish SPAM texts instead.

ALEMAU91
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a parent and a school district employee and the remind app is an AWESOME way for me to know what is going on my kiddos classrooms. It has been a huge help for us as a family to remind of us an upcoming test or project that may of slipped our minds. I will be VERY disappointed in Verizon if they chose to move forward on this and I will be changing carriers ASAP!!!! It is very greedy in my opinion for a company of this size to threaten a well meaning, VERY useful app with the projected fee increase.  Please reconsider doing this to a projected 7 million preople!!!