Verizon lied to me about the 1GB promotion- wont honor a promise they had in writing
jfrolova

I contacted Verizon on Oct. 13, 2014 about getting my phones upgraded, and getting my plan cost reduced. At the time, I had one smartphone and three regular phones on a family plan, and after expenses, I was averaging $200/ month for 1400 minutes and 2GB.

I was advised that due to their current promotion, I can get 1GB per every new smartphone I get. The rep advised me that I can get 250MB for $15 and get 3GB for free, giving me a total of unlimited talk/ text with 3.25GB for $165/ month. He told me to call in once I receive my phones, and change the plan.

I ordered 3 iphones, and finally received them on 10/28 (even though the 5C's where in stock, they waited to ship them with the 6, even after I called and asked for them to be sent separately). I also used my upgrades for these phones, extending my plan by 2 years/ line, and paid $30/ line activation fee. I activated them on 10/29. When I called to change the plan, I was switched to 4GB on more everything plan. I spoke to several reps (original rep was Fred), and they advised me the promotion I was originally advised about on 10/13 actually expired on 9/30, and there is nothing they can do. They (rep's name was Sparkle) offered to throw in 2GB for free, even though I advised them my goal was to reduce my bill, as was my original intent.

They are sticking to this, even though I have a copy of the online transcript from 10/13, and they were able to pull up a copy to verify this. The chatlog is attached.

This is mis-advertising, and pretty much illegal. Verizon Chat Log copy 2.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes