Verizon is turning away long time customers.

Member

I have been a Verizon customer for fifteen years or more.  I retired two years ago.  Verizon is now taking away my employee discount.  My account is free and clear.  I can and will shop for another provider.  Maybe prepaid Tracfone or Straight Talk?  Taking away this small discount will very likely cost them a long time customer.  Oh well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Verizon is turning away long time customers.

Member

It seems to me that verizon has so many customers that dont really care about what makes sense for them business wise.  They would rather take away that discount and lose you as a customer than knock the 15% or so off your bill to get the other 85% for next 15+ years.  I'm having a similar problem with them and at this point plan on leaving when my contract is up in a few months.

0 Likes

Re: Verizon is turning away long time customers.

Member

Well it was a discount for your workplace, that you no longer work for. That is why you will no longer recieve the discount.

0 Likes

Re: Verizon is turning away long time customers.

Member

Weither a customer for 15yrs plus or not.

0 Likes

Re: Verizon is turning away long time customers.

Sr. Member

I agree with tycarter777. Verizon could very well knock off that 15% but that's not the point. The point is the principle. You had a discount for being employed by Verizon, you no longer are employed by Verizon i.e. you lose your discount. They would love to keep you as a customer I'm sure but why would any company in the world keep giving discounts to someone who shouldn't be receiving them?

Re: Verizon is turning away long time customers.

Expert

I'm not sure if the OP was exactly employed by Verizon Wireless or not. It could have been any other company that has negotiated an employee discount for their employees as a part of their business account with with Verizon Wireless. Many of those companies don't include the retired employees as people eligible for the discount.

Starting earlier this year (2013), Verizon Wireless began asking all of their customers who had a discount to re-verify their eligibility. Some of those customers probably hadn't been verified for years. People change jobs, retired, etc and were still receive a discount they should have dropped off years ago. If the customer still qualified then they provided some proof and the discount continued being applied to their bill.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.