Verizon is FULL of Lies
MarshMellow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched to Verizon 5 months ago (Nov 2014) after being with AT&T for 6 years. It has been the worse mistake I've made in a wireless carrier. I've experience issue after issue with my LG G2, replacements had the same issue. I've been told by 5 CSRs in that they would give me a call back, but I never heard back from them. I had to call back and sit on hold for 15-20min each time. One CSR said they would email me some troubleshooting options, but never recieved the email (Yes, I check the SPAM folder.) I've spoken to a Supervisor that stated she made a change to my account, but come to find out she lied about that and the change was never made as promised. The things that is most frustrating is the experience I've had with the Second line on my account...

I purchased a device from the local walmart (full retail price) yet the incompetent employees hired by Walmart (and allowed to process Verizon service) process the purchase as a 2 Yr Service Agreement. When contacting Verizon about the problem, I've received run around after run around. A Verizon CSR called the local walmart and received the information he need that informed him the phone was paid for in full. He said he would escalate the issue to his supervisor, since he was unable to make the changes his self. He told me to expect a call from his Supervisor in 24 hr. 2 Days Later, Still No Phone Call from a Supervisor. I went the walmart to get the receipt. Which I have in hand and stated the device was purchase for $399.99. I spoke to a "Supervisor" (or someone that stated they were) and read the receipt to her, which then She state she would go ahead an remove the contact and authorize the upgrade eligibility. She informed me that it would take up to 1 hour before the change would post to my account. After an hour, I check the upgrade date via My Verizon, and it still states that there is not upgrade available. Still today (2 days later) it still states the same. When calling back, I'm informed that there was no notes left on the account by any agent named Brooke (removed) or any mention of making the changes that I was told were going to happen in 1 hour.

I have never received a worse customer experience. I extremely regret leaving AT&T.

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon is FULL of Lies
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I know it is frustrating when things go wrong like this. VZW does provide good services. I will not let anyone other than someone in a VZW corporate store or on their customer service line touch my account. That way if something happens there is always a record of who did it. I don't know what recourse you have other than to keep calling Verizon about the situation. It was the employee of Walmart's fault that this happened because they selected the wrong option when selling out your device. I agree that if you provide proof that your purchased the phone at the full retail cost it should be changed to reflect no contract on your account.

Maybe if you visited a corporate store and spoke calmly with a manager they might be able to get help four you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The problem here is only a verizon wireless corporate store could have retained your plan or non contract status.

The phones are way more expensive than $300 retail. I believe the cost of the device at that price was a contract subsidy.

Walk into a corporate store and inquire and not to a Walmart store.

Good Luck

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The LG G2 retails for $399.99. On subsidy it is usually $150 after rebate and most times $99 after rebate.

0 Likes