Verizon horrible
angrycustomerHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have had nothing but terrible experiences with verizon. Phones are pricey, bills change each month, customer service stinks, mifi stinks, we want out!  All we have had are troubles out of our phones and mifi and they want us to pay for new equipment of the same sort that just broke!  Then we have to pay an arm and a leg to cut off phones we don't even use!!! This is ridiculous, we have a newborn and can't afford Verizon trying to cut it off!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon horrible
ritsbits1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone costs are largely dictated by the manufacturor. Verizon provides a cellular service and is merely a middle man for the majority of their devices. In fact, they eat the costs of a device sometimes, particularly when they provide you with a discounted phone outside of your contracted upgrade date. They really make little or no profit on the devices themselves, and only expand their options on devices as a motivator to customer's to stay/join their service.

The bills will change only in the instance YOU'VE made a change to the account, and ONLY then. Whether that's a new line of service, a new plan, new features, or overages. Bills will NEVER change unless the customer has explicitly made an action warranting that change.

Verizon will replace a device under it's standard one year warranty for any manufacture defects, or up to two years on an extended warranty. Outside of that, stolen/damage/etc... it's all covered by Asurion Insurance, who dictates the deductables on replacement devices, not Verizon.

The Early Termination Fee is clearly and very explicitly disclosed to you either verbally, in an automated system, or in written contract at the beginning of your 2 year agreement. While I sympathize for your situation, there are some details here that need to be addressed with some personal accountability.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ritsbits1212 wrote:

Phone costs are largely dictated by the manufacturor. Verizon provides a cellular service and is merely a middle man for the majority of their devices. In fact, they eat the costs of a device sometimes, particularly when they provide you with a discounted phone outside of your contracted upgrade date. They really make little or no profit on the devices themselves, and only expand their options on devices as a motivator to customer's to stay/join their service.

The bills will change only in the instance YOU'VE made a change to the account, and ONLY then. Whether that's a new line of service, a new plan, new features, or overages. Bills will NEVER change unless the customer has explicitly made an action warranting that change.

Verizon will replace a device under it's standard one year warranty for any manufacture defects, or up to two years on an extended warranty. Outside of that, stolen/damage/etc... it's all covered by Asurion Insurance, who dictates the deductables on replacement devices, not Verizon.   Assuming insurance has been purchased.

The Early Termination Fee is clearly and very explicitly disclosed to you either verbally, in an automated system, or in written contract at the beginning of your 2 year agreement. While I sympathize for your situation, there are some details here that need to be addressed with some personal accountability.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Should have evaluated that 9 months ago.

budone
Legend

angrycustomerHA wrote:

We have had nothing but terrible experiences with verizon. Phones are pricey, bills change each month, customer service stinks, mifi stinks, we want out!  All we have had are troubles out of our phones and mifi and they want us to pay for new equipment of the same sort that just broke!  Then we have to pay an arm and a leg to cut off phones we don't even use!!! This is ridiculous, we have a newborn and can't afford Verizon trying to cut it off!

Have to say, you are contradicting yourself through this post

• The is pricey if you want the newest and greatest. There are lesser priced and even free phones if you decide you do not want a pricey phone
  • Amount of the bill changes if you make changes or go over your limits. Otherwise it will stay within a few pennies every month. Mine has not changed in over 8 years.
  • You say you have a new born and can't have VZW cut you off, yet you state, you pay an arm and a leg for devices you never use. If all you need is a phone for 911 service, kill your account and keep one of the cell phones handy. You do not need to subscribe for service to make a 911 call
0 Likes
angrycustomerHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm say we are unhappy with Verizon you can try to make it sound like they can't do anything about the prices but they can. We will be leaving them. This is our opinion and no one has to agree with a thing we are saying OK!

angrycustomerHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

it was longer than 9 months ago and it was my husband before we were married that got Verizon not I

0 Likes
angrycustomerHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

my husband has to have a phone to keep a job

we can't afford to cut it off the charges to cut of things are ridiculous 

there are no free phones at anytime when we go in the store so IDK where you are going and we both have the basic

old phones

we are lucky if our bill is the same two months in a row it has only happened once and we don't change it all the time

we all have our own opinion on how verizon is we are unhappy that is ours

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have nothing but joy with us angrycustomerHA! We value your business! Your bills should be consistent every month if you have not incurred overages or made changes to your plans during your bill cycle.

What specific difficulties are you having with your service? Where are you located? What happened to your equipment? We provide a one-year manufacturer warranty on devices purchased directly from us or from an authorized agent.

Why would you want to cancel any of your lines? If you have some that are no longer in use, we offer a convenient transfer of ownership option!

I want you to have the most cost effective options to meet your needs!

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
angrycustomerHA
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are located in Buna, TX. Our Mifi yes i know is out of warranty but it

should still work we pay enough for it and a representative of Verizon said

she would call back with support help and did not do so. We know about the

transfer ownership option but we know of no one to do so with. It is

expensive when we can get unlimited talk text and web for 45 dollars with a

no contract company. Also the phone cost is ridiculous even with upgrade.

The line we want to cancel is no longer being used and its a arm and a leg

to cancel it.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes