Verizon has me in collections with AT&T early termination fees. False advertisement. Fraud. porting credit never honored as advertised. nor account credits
jana2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fraudulent business activity with Clinton MD location. I was completely duped by this location and will be contacting the BBB. I have paid in excess of $3000 since 1/30/15. AT&T sent me to collections for the $808 of fees Verizon was to cover.  Why would I have agreed to anything otherwise. Very dissatisfied customer.  I will be returning to AT&T if this is not resolved to my satisfaction.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon has me in collections with AT&T early termination fees. False advertisement. Fraud. porting credit never honored as advertised. nor account credits
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I didn't think Verizon paid those fees directly, what they do is give you a credit on your account. Did you verify you were never given a credit on your account? You would have seen a decrease in your monthly bill, or not have had to pay it all.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has me in collections with AT&T early termination fees. False advertisement. Fraud. porting credit never honored as advertised. nor account credits
mama23dogs
Legend

You are responsible to pay off your previous carrier.   Verizon offers port credits on your bill, if you meet the requirements.

they have never offered to pay your ETFs.

The port credits offered in january were $150 per line with a new phone purchased on the Edge financing plan.  I don't remember if they limit the number of credits.  In the past it was 4 ($600 max)

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Go ahead and contact the BBB, Verizon has never had any program to pay the ETF from another carrier. Sprint and maybe T-Mobile have those programs, but not Verizon. Even with those other carriers, you are reimbursed after 1-2 billing cycles. They don't pay the ETF directly, but you are reimbursed after 1-2 billing cycles.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Where did you invent this idea?

First Verizon never had a program to pay of ETF as said several times above. Second, even companies that do pay off ETF from other companies, like T-Mobile, do not pay the other company directly. It is always your responsibility to pay off your other company. You then submit the bills received on the ETF for reimbursement for the fees paid. If you would have done this with any other company, the result would have been the same. It is always important to read the offers in detail and not rely on assumptions or what you think you heard.

The BBB can be helpful with legitimate complaints, unfortunately this is not going to meet that requirement and the complaint will be filed away as uninformed consumer.

0 Likes