Verizon gave away phone number of 50 years and have no idea how to resolve it!!
fordo04
Enthusiast - Level 2

My elderly parents phone number that they have had for over 50 years was given away last week and the issue has yet to be resolved.  They have no landline in their home at the moment because of this and this is a huge concern that a phone company would allow this to happen.  They need their old number back NOW!!!!  They are not getting updates on their medications/ appointments/ or important calls and this needs to be resolved ASAP.  My father has been promised over and over again that this would be resolved and he would receive callbacks from a number of individuals to no avail. No callbacks, poor customer service, and representatives that have no idea how to resolve this issue which is beyond their control at this moment.  I am setting the expectation to have this resolved before the holiday weekend. Thank you for your concern and getting this issue resolved. 

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon gave away phone number of 50 years and have no idea how to resolve it!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why was it "given" away? Did they not pay their landline phone bill? Were you porting the number to another carrier? You are complaining, but not explaining what occurred to have the number "lost".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon gave away phone number of 50 years and have no idea how to resolve it!!
fordo04
Enthusiast - Level 2

A port request was made from Verizon Wireless to Brighthouse networks to release the number without permission from the account holder.  They pay their bill on time for the last 50+ years and are very meticulous.

They were not porting the number someone asked the number to be release without their knowledge.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

1-800-922-0204

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fordo04
Enthusiast - Level 2

they are useless this is way beyond customer service at this point have called 4-5 times and they have no idea how to resolve it.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I would call my congressman and explain the calls they are not getting and if that didn't work call your senator

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How and why was a request made?  Were your parents trying to change services? Who initiated the port request?

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds like someone from brighthouse requested a service change and used their number on accident. (it could be a simple mistake like keying in the number wrong or something) but I would try to call the other carrior. They might be able to stop the port request if not i would get incontact with the fraud department considering this is an unauthorized change to the account.

Best of luck getting your parents account figured out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fordo04 My parents have had their number for many years too, so I could only imagine how your parents feel with their numbers being ported without consent. We want to help make sure your concerns are resolved. When you spoke with customer service, who did they say initiated this request? Did you or your parents have customer service begin the process to port the number back in?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes