Verizon fleeces the unlimited date customer
fleeced

Im very disappointed in Verizon's decision to increase the monthly rate of the long time customer service plan by 66%. I have unlimited data and have been with Verizon for 13 years. In that time I have paid over 20k in on time payments to Verizon. When most everyone left to join AT&T during the iPhone release, I stayed true to Verizon. Im frustrated because the grandfathered unlimited date customers represent less than 1% of the cell customer base. Im also disappointed that the government and state unlimited date accounts will NOT be subject to the same rate increase. I love Verizon and everything they have done for me, however   I no longer think they believe long term loyalty and customer base is relevant. Hay, atleaset the shareholders will be happy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon fleeces the unlimited date customer
Snn5
Legend

I say Verizon should make it fair.  Make unlimited users pay what the limited users pay and then the limited users should get unlimited.  Then everyone is even again.

0 Likes
MsCheekyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I decided today that after 13 years of service, that I'm leaving Verizon. They are trying to bully unlimited data users. First I couldn't upgrade my phone without losing unlimited, so I bought a phone out of pocket. Now I have to pay more money for the SAME service. I pay the highest bill of anyone I know, just for bragging rights it seems. No thanks.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

MsCheekyB wrote:

I pay the highest bill of anyone I know, just for bragging rights it seems. No thanks.

You pay what...$30 and $60 + $20 increase = $110???

If any of your other people you know subscribe to any plan more than 12GB, they pay more than you and they DON'T have Unlimited data.

And, if you aren't using at least 12GB a month, then you are overpaying and don't need the Unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
MsCheekyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually my bill runs about $120, so I'd end up with pay $140. And after talking to the Rep I use anywhere from 9-42 GB, but that's the point of unlimited. I ask again, What am I getting for the extra $20 a month??? What new service will Verizon provide me on the 14th that I didn't have on the 13th???

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, I was calculating BEFORE taxes and insurance.

When gas prices increase, do you get a different type of gas or more gas or a free oil change or maybe a buy one get one free soda or half-priced snacks?  No...you pay the price it costs or you don't get the gas.  And, before you say, "But gas prices rise and fall."  Apparently wireless service costs do too.

rcschnoor
Legend

MsCheekyB wrote:

I ask again, What am I getting for the extra $20 a month??? What new service will Verizon provide me on the 14th that I didn't have on the 13th???

All this nonsense about "what am I getting for the extra $20 a month"???? Prices go up. AT NO POINT IN TIME were you EVER promised that your unlimited data price would stay at $30/month forever. It was at $30/month for over 10 years without a price increase. THAT is pretty impressive.

My grocery bill goes up EVERY YEAR. What extra is my grocery store giving me for my increased cost for the exact same groceries??? NOTHING. Prices go up. That is a fact of life.

What other good/service do you currently have which cost the exact same it did 10 years ago? Not cable. Not insurance. Not the price of a new car. Not gasoline. Not plane tickets. Not hotel prices. Not tickets to baseball/football/basketball games. Not movie tickets. Not haircuts. Not the cost of someone mowing my lawn. Not the cost to have my garbage picked up. Not the cost to have a new roof put on my house. Not new tires for my car. Not the amount it cost to have someone babysit. Not the amount it cost to have someone walk my dog. Not the amount it cost to kennel my dog. ETC, etc, etc...

MsCheekyB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well then you pay the extra cost. I'm not. If I don't like the price of a car I shop around. The same for grocery or any of the other things you ranted about. It's my money and I'll spend (or not) how I like. Also I've had unlimited data maybe 4 years, now I'll have it somewhere else cheaper.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, keep driving around looking for cheaper gas till you run out of gas and then....