Re: Verizon doesn't care no matter how long you've been with them
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

At the end of the day, they're ALL screwing us. I mean going prepaid is always good but prepaid ends up roaming on the big boys towers anyway, so you're paying them regardless.

Loyalty perks are gone forever.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No it doesn't matter how you have been with any wireless company. I learned that lesson when my Verizon Wireless account was sold to AT&T as part of the Alltel merger into Vetizon Wireless. Two years of first anger, then questions and finally resignation and willingness to "try" someone else out. As it turned AT&T was a failure in the network coverage and their billing issues were laughable.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Keitarou
Contributor - Level 1

I have been using Verizon for 12 years and have always remained with them because they were reliable even for the higher price. All those years, not once did I think Verizon was ripping me off. But the new fees and things Verizon has been discontinuing, now I view them differently. I am sick of all the fees now and don't see any value in the service I receive. People have different tolerance level for absorbing fees but eventually, there will be a drop off. My 6 lines will be one of them at the end of next year. Unfortunately that is when my contract ends. Sigh...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kyleb60,

I'm sorry to the negative experience with our customer service teams. I'd be happy to review the account with you to see what has happened. I assure you, Verizon Wireless does care. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further assistance. Thanks, kyleb60.

AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mtidwell76

Sorry AdamE_VZW, but I too have had a really bad experience with Verizon in the past couple of months due to a screw up on the Reps end and I assure you that no, they do NOT care.  I couldn't even get a Supervisor or Manager to take my phone call - I assume because they knew they were in the wrong.  I have been a loyal customer for 12 years, but my loyalty has been strectched to it's limit in the past year.  All the "perks" that made me choose Verizon 12 years ago have been done away with, even though the price for service and phones has skyrocketed.  I have already priced plans with other companies and the one we are really considering will save us about $60 a month for our 4 lines.  I'm just waiting on our contracts to end because I refuse to give Verizon any more of my money than necessary.

Just to prove my point ... several years ago in one of the local Verizon stores, I actually listened (in shock) to one of the Sales Associates tell a customer that was threatening to drop his Verizon service, that it really didn't matter if he dropped Verizon or not because there would always be someone to take his place.  Not exactly the words I would use to express my appreciation.

0 Likes
peanutold
Enthusiast - Level 2

I doubt it but I will try again.  Last week I changed my shared plan to 700 minutes and stopped texting, as we never reach the limits of either one, but I hated loosing the family and friends, so today I go back to change back to original plan and now for texting is 10.00 for 1000, I didn't use the 250 why would I want to pay 10/20.  I know you can't do anything but verizon has lost their minds. Unfortunely I still have over 400 days to go with you, and I have been with you for bout11 years and for what.  I am on fixed income of 730 amonth and I can't afford a bigger/unwanted plan.  I would be nice if you could get me out of contract no with no penalty, if you wanted to help.

Thanks,

Mary Ann

Have a Blessed Day!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Once you change from an addon that is no longer offered, you can not get it back. The change in the text addon options changed months ago

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

peanutold wrote:

...  I am on fixed income of 730 amonth and I can't afford a bigger/unwanted plan.  I would be nice if you could get me out of contract no with no penalty, if you wanted to help.

Unfortunately, you  signed a contract agreeing to keep your line in service for 24 months.... and you still have time remaining on that contract, and there will be a penalty to pay if you want "out".  If you can no longer afford it, you do have options to lower your monthly cost, though it may mean adjusting how you use your phone.

1) You said you are on a family share plan; tried to cut it at 700 but found the F&F and 1400 were a better (more expensive) fit.  Can others on the family share chip in part of the cost for the shared minutes?  Or manage your minutes and use only 700. 

2) Same for texting; you can get unlimited texting for all lines for $30, or $10 for 1000 texts per line, or pay by the text.  Have each one that wants texting pay for their portion.

3) Find someone who is willing to add you to their family plan and do an AOL for your account.

0 Likes
peanutold
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I told you that you wouldn't care.  Yes I still have a contract, but verizon is altering the contract I signed.......maybe all of us need to get with a lawyer as how can they change a contract content BEFORE it expires.

Have a Blessed Day!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

peanutold wrote:

Well I told you that you wouldn't care.  Yes I still have a contract, but verizon is altering the contract I signed.......maybe all of us need to get with a lawyer as how can they change a contract content BEFORE it expires.

Have a Blessed Day!

Exactly what are they changing? upgrade?  upgrades are not part of the agreement and upgraded with a new 2 year is a new contract... You want out any you are the one trying to change the agreement...

0 Likes