Verizon does not care about loyal customers
CajunMarine

I have been a very loyal customer to verizon for the past 6 years and now it is time for another upgrade.  I go to verizon to upgrade my phone only to be told if i upgrade i will lose my unlimited data plan.  I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan but now i must give it up or keep my current phone.  This is crap!!  All i want to do is upgrade and keep my service.  I was then told that i could in fact keep my plan IF i buy a REPLACEMENT phone. WTF is going on here.  Needless to say i am switching service providers, nobody else is offering an unlimited data plan but if i have to pay for one it wont be to Verizon!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon does not care about loyal customers
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can keep your unlimited data plan if you purchase a phone at the full retail price or bring your own device.

If you purchase a new phone at the subsidized price you are also signing a new two year contract and are subject to the new terms which include a tiered data plan. The unlimited data plan is no longer allowed to be grandfathered under the new terms.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cchristofferson

Yeah, they announced this about 8-9 months ago. It was in a press release about their meeting with the Board and that they were getting rid of all unlimited data plans, even the ones grandfathered in. I was a little upset but it's not as bad as it seems. I got a 10gb plan to share across all of my phones (mine and my 3 kids) and I usually get the email that we have used half of our bandwidth a few days before the new month begins and the pool is refreshed.

0 Likes
DisgruntledGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, not only is there no more Unlimited Data, but they charge you 30 bucks for the privilege of staying with Verizon.

Not applicable

You can still keep your unlimited plan if you PAY FULL PRICE for your phone.

There would be no contract. You lose the unlimited if you take a new phone from Verizon via a subsidy.

Pay the full price and your still keeping your unlimited data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

DisgruntledGuy wrote:

Yes, not only is there no more Unlimited Data, but they charge you 30 bucks for the privilege of staying with Verizon.

An at&t will charge you $36 to stay with at&t and Sprint will also charge you $36. T-mobile won't charge you but they won't give you a discount on the phone either

0 Likes
jjjjmusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with verizon for 10 years. When an employee told me it would be cheaper for me to get off the unlimited plan and go month to month i believed her. LIES!!!!! they want you to get off the unlimited plan. I pay 40 dollars extra a month for this plan when this employee said it was the right choice. I have been through the ringer with Verizon. For months i have been talking to people and trying to get back on the unlimited because their employee gave me false information, Many other Verizon reps said they would have never recommended that i get off the plan because i use the phone a lot for my job. I told the first woman i talked to about that but she reassured me that this was the right plan for me. I had one lady tell me because i am a loyal customer and i pay my bill on time every month that they would switch me back to the unlimited on the next billing cycle... MORE LIES!!!!! There is so much more that i dont even want to get into but this fact remains.... If you work for a company and i look to you for knowledge and advice of what i should do and you give me false and wrong answers then the company should be held responsible. But not Verizon. Now that they are a huge company it doesnt matter to them if they lose LOYAL customers because they will get more tomorrow. So i will be ending my time with them purely out of principle. I dont like being treated with disrespect like i have by this company. So Sprint it is!!! After i converted all my family to verizon. My sister, mom, dad, husbane...i kid you not. Now i need to convert them away from the greed, lies, disrespect, and horrible customer service.