Verizon customer service
bobbyinpa1

I recently had a lengthy phone call with Verizon customer service about my wireless bill and how I could save some cash each month.  I was enjoying unlimited data with 1400 minutes talk and unlimited pix and text message.  We have 1 smart phone and two regular cellular phones.   I was asking many questions and looking at 4 months of previous bills to see and understand what the representative was trying to say.

I could kick myself.  I agreed to go to 4 GB data share everything plan and was told I would save 30.00 each month, WRONG!

My bill went up over $40.00 a month and today I was told if I was unhappy with my new bill I could have called them during the first 14 days to request to be switched back.  That is where the problem lies.  This representative removed my discounts off my account and did not give me the correct information about the plan and savings.

The representative I spoke to today was polite and apologetic, but why should she have to apologize for another representative incompetence?   I got the "we are so sorry but there is nothing we can do" speech.  A supervisor would not even come on the phone to talk to me and I can assure you, I kept myself polite and told the rep today it was not her fault. 

I plan to file a PUC or FCC complaint depending on what my state says I need to direct this issue.  I was the first person on my street to sign up with Verizon Fios and talked many others to sign up.  Most have left and gone back to Comcast for lower rates and more services with the lower rates.   I always said Verizon had the best cellular service but I am now checking out ATT and in my opinion it is worth paying the early cancellation fee to leave a company that has such poor quality control in the customer service department.  I encourage all to request a full disclosure to when your changes can be cancelled and to make sure all discounts you currently enjoy are included with these changed plans.

If anyone else had issues such as mine, please share and tell me if you had any success if getting a correction and reduced rate.  Thanks for listening to me rant.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! I regret to learn of the changes made to your account bobbyinpa1! I understand the need of having a plan that works for you based on your usage. I would like to take the opportunity to review your account so that I can better assist. I just sent you a follow request. Please confirm and follow me back. Include your name and mobile number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

bobbyinpa1

If you think you can make any difference, then I would be willing to speak to you or via email or text. I am sure you have my cellular number.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The VZW rep doesn't have your phone number and won't until you accept their follow request and you send one back to them within the Verizon Wireless Community forum. Once you are both following each other then YOU can send the rep your ppersonal information.

Just please don't post any personal information on the public side of the forum which includes this discussion thread. Posting personal informationin the public forum is against the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bobbyinpa1

My apologies, did not realize I broke the rules.  it took a while to figure out how to confirm  LeanaA post to me but still unable to give her my number.  If you have a tip, please send my way.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

She sent you a follow request. Have you logged into the community forum and accepted that request? You will need to send a follow request as well to .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nameless

How do you call customer service? I have been a customer for months and cannot find a phone number online.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is listed in the "Contact Us" link. It also on your bill and sometimes hard coded in the phones.

FYI it is *611 from your device or 1-800-922-0204

0 Likes
hiha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer service and Technical are *****. I am with verizon for over 12 years and this is enough.I am not paying my bill and break my contract. Good Luck Verizon

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
ESAD

Verizon Customer Service is the most @#@%#$^@# on this planet!!!!!  No one knows what the hell the other is doing.  It's like everyone has their own plan......"come over here in this dark corner and I can show you this plan...(with a flashlight of course)"  I am almost willing to bet that the President of Verizon uses another provider because his/hers is way to out of control and complicated.  You're promised one thing and then when they send you your contract to agree to they change it.  It's almost in a different language....!!!!!

Tell me, why do you claim you will record our conversations and then not respond to them when we claim we were promised this and didn't get it?  Talk about bait and switch, you're so far beyond that you might as well be on Mars with the rover!!!!

I know that the cell service programs are highly competitive and you guys are dropping the ball BIG TIME!!!!!  AT&T, T Moblile, hell...two cups with a string would be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

0 Likes