Verizon customer service - a lot to be desired
meaganporter

First off, I'm only here because I was told by the third Verizon customer service rep I've talked to this month that there is literally nowhere to file a complaint with Verizon about the poor customer service - and Verizon mistakes - that have happened to me regarding a recent issue. Literally nowhere. No email, no nothing. I can post on this public forum and they might read it, I was told. Okay, awesome. I really feel the love, Verizon.

I've had my Verizon bill on Auto Pay for three years. Imagine my surprise last week when I was working out my monthly budget, logged on to Verizon.com and saw that my payment was two days late. I hadn't changed bank accounts. Nothing had changed on my end. I chatted with a customer service rep who told me Verizon was updating their billing system and to submit the payment manually. They assured me that it wouldn't be late and I would not be charged twice.

Fast forward to yesterday when I noticed something wrong with my bank account. Verizon had in fact charged me twice. Maybe this would be fine for some people but I have a strict budget every month and cannot afford the double payment. I got online right away and a customer service rep told me that they would expedite the refund to the next day, that they had escalated it with their manager, blah blah blah. All I had to do was call financial services in the morning. I asked for a copy of the chat to be forwarded to me so that I would have proof that the refund was promised to me the next day and so that I would also have the number for Financial Services.

The chat wasn't sent to me, so this morning I had to log on yet again to talk to another customer service rep to get the phone number. I called Financial Services and they hadn't received a refund request (what?) and said they would issue the refund within 24 hours. So far nothing but I am keeping a close eye on it. The customer service rep I was chatting online said that they saw the request had been submitted and to expect it within 8-10 days. What? I was just told 24 hours... which is it Verizon?

Four customer service reps just to pay my monthly bill? For something that should be on AUTO PAY and I shouldn't have to think about at all ever? And now the double charging and two different stories about when I'm getting my refund? What the heck Verizon? And seriously nowhere to email, nowhere to submit a complaint?

I will be switching providers as soon as this is taken care of, you have lost a customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon customer service - a lot to be desired
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Should have left it alone and it would have fixed itself. 2 days late won't incur a late fee.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meaganporter, You're very important to us, and we'd never want to see you go. We're sorry to see everything that you went through with your Autopay. Let's work together on getting this billing issue solved. Please reply to my Private Message. I'm confident that we'll get this issue solved.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyNoCash363
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can pull up a copy of your bill from your my Verizon account.  On one of the last pages you'll see a P.O Box for the Verizon Correspondent Team.  Write them a letter. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is also available here. Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.