Verizon Wireless service in area has turned to garbage...
trparky
Contributor - Level 1

When I signed up for service nearly a year and a half ago, service was great.  I could make phone calls just fine and send text messages just as easily.  Fast forward to about half a year ago and Verizon Wireless service has gotten worse.  This isn't just around my house, it's all over my city of Cleveland, Ohio and the surrounding suburbs.

I have tested the network issues with multiple phones, they all show the same signal issues.  So I know that it's not just my phone, it's others as well.  I have talked to other people in my area as well and they all agree that Verizon Wireless service in the area has degraded badly over the last half year.

LTE speeds have fallen like a rock, I can't even stream a simple YouTube video on it without major amounts of buffering.  Phone calls?  In and around my house making and receiving phone calls is a complete crap-shoot.  I could be standing out in my back yard with the sky blue and the weather perfect and when I look at my phone all it shows is 1 (sometimes 2, but mostly 1) signal bar(s).  I practically have to stand on one foot and whistle Dixie in hopes that the call won't drop.  I don't even use my phone as a phone for I constantly worry about whether the call will drop.  Whenever I get a phone call I race outside even in the dead of winter with cold temperatures just so I can hopefully keep the phone call.

Again, this wasn't always the case.  When I signed up, it wasn't the case.

I have talked to Verizon Wireless Technical Support and apparently there has been a site survey that was conducted of my area.  They even admitted that the area needs to have another tower installed and that the area is a marginal signal area.  How this area that once had decent service has turned into an area with such unreliable service, I have no idea.  New buildings?  New trees?  Other environmental changes?  Beats me, I have no idea.

Verizon Wireless Technical Support told me that I would need to get some kind of "network extender" but that I would have to pay for it.  Wait a second?  I have to pay for a device to fix your network issues in my area?  And besides, this is an area-wide issue, not just an issue in my house.

I've gone into more affluent areas of my area where people have multiple hundred thousand dollar houses (where the "rich" people live) and even there the service levels are bad.  Worst part of it is that these areas don't even have LTE, they are still puttering along on old 3G.

What has happened in my area?  Has Verizon Wireless abandoned this area and left their network to go to ruins?  If Verizon Wireless has no interest in keeping their network service levels up in my area, then why aren't they letting people out of their contracts?  Why should I have to pay for service in an area that Verizon Wireless has no interest in maintaining service in?

I can't wait to get away from Verizon Wireless.  I have four more months of service on my contract with them and I can't wait to get away from them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes