Verizon Wireless Basic Phones 2013
CyndiSlim

Yes, you guessed it, another person complaining about Verizon's "basic" phone offers. Why? Because i'm fed UP! I live in a small town where there is no other cellular providers, which means i am stuck with Verizon... I'm sick of them caring ONLY about their smartphone customers.. I don't need internet on my phone.. I have a computer. But, just because i don't NEED internet, that means i can't have a phone with QUALITY? It's not about features, its about quality.. These basic phones are the worst phones i have ever seen! A 2-year contract with them is so risky because they're so cheaply made! If they break before you're contract is up, you're screwed! What happened to the Multimedia phones!? Most of us "Basic" customers are only asking for a sturdy phone, preferably with a full keyboard. Is that REALLY too much to ask of you, Verizon? Lets get real.. We can't ALL afford to pay out 100+ dollars each month in cell phone bills.. Especially not since you are charging an arm and leg for basic service.. I have unlimited text and 450 minutes and after tax and everything else you add, my bill is about 70 dollars.. That is just ridiculous! Bottom line is, Verizon only cares about people who are stupid enough to dish out an unreasonable amount of money.. I assure you will lose me as a customer the minute a new provider comes to my area!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Basic Phones 2013
TimGilliam
Enthusiast - Level 3

You sound stuck and that's too bad, a lack of competition always makes for a lazy business. 

Make your voice heard and keep it up maybe if they don't see that they are alienating you(which is most likely a good size market segment) then hopefully someone else will come in to serve customers in a better manner. 

Best of Luck!

0 Likes
Not applicable

You don't have Straight Talk or Net 10 in your area? Also cell phones are not a necessity. You can get good old fashion home phone service from the phone company for far less than $100 a month.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

basic phones have definitely gone down hill. if i were in the market for one, i'd just buy one on ebay....like on old enV touch or something. this way you can stay off contract. they are about $70 and i still feel that they are the best basic phones made in the past 5 years. nothing over the past 2-3 years have been as good as the line of enV's. the lg octane was a pretty good one too. that's the last decent basic phone i've seen from verizon and they haven't carried it for nearly 2 years.

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/LG-EnV-Touch-VX11000-Black-silver-Verizon-Cellular-Phone-/100020050

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Convoy and Convoy2 aren't bad phones if you're wanting a flip phone.  Otherwise, I agree ... I'd get an enV3 or something similar off ebay (I preferred it over the touch screen of the enV Touch, but that's just me).

0 Likes