Verizon Trade-in device scam
Amrutha0709
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have seen 'trade-in devices being lost' related posts in this discussion board. I've talked to several agents over chat and phone in the past couple months regarding my trade-in phone that I sent in February which is worth $200. 

As per the instructions, I reset my phone and sent the package back with the shipping label sent by Verizon. None of the agents I talked to were able to help me. Instead, they are blaming UPS and asking me to submit a claim, which I clearly cannot do because the shipment label was created by Verizon (sender and recipient).

The agent who I was talking to for over an hour hang up on me when I asked her (politely) to connect me with someone who could help me with this issue. 

Clearly, someone at the warehouse stealing the phones at the expense of customers' time and money. Such a hassle. I will never trade in with Verizon again. Others don't do this mistake as well, if you don't want to lose time and money.

Re: Verizon Trade-in device scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s never good to hear that any phone went missing, Amrutha0709, most especially when it’s at a cost of $200.00 for a trade. I’m sorry we have been unable to resolve this for you. That ends here. I’ve sent a Private Note to dig further into the details and come up with a solution.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Amrutha0709
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: A nice gentleman called me today and enquired about the issue and said he would assist me further on the status of the investigation with UPS. I'll update this post once this issue is resolved. Hoping to get this resolved in a couple weeks.

0 Likes
Amrutha0709
Enthusiast - Level 2

Two weeks and no response or call regarding the investigation. 

0 Likes
Amrutha0709
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE:

UPS is still trying to 'locate the package' and not the contents (my old phone).

So Verizon applied $200 credit to my account. 

@GeorgeS_VZW Thank you for your effort in and understanding and helping me fix an issue that I've been dealing since February.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad one of our colleagues was able to understand and help fix your issue. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Remember, we are always here for you. Have a great day and stay safe.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes