Re: Verizon Trade In Program a scam? BEWARE!
LYNSOR60
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just went thru all this today,  Can you say "Robbed".  I have been dealing with this since August 13.  Had previous phone paid off and no longer under contract on month to month. Finally caved into upgrade deal they offered and totally got scammed. Phone I sent in on promo was in excellent cond. and I even sent in case since it would not fit newer upgrade. I feel really stupid now i am paying a monthly payment for new phone for 2 more yrs. They said I never sent in right paperwork and would have to redo it all and it would take additional 1-2 billing cycles. I sent back the paperwork,phone w/case, as instructed and then waited and waited and waited. Guess what I am still waiting. TOTAL  FRAUD.  I'm on a really strict budget (disability) and when I set this up discussed all this with rep. and with the promo discount for upgrade/trade in it would have been fine, now I am making  higher payments for 2 yrs for phone.  [Removed]

discussion of moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
EDWEHM39

this is complete [Removed].  the phone I sent was perfect and I was supposed to get $240.  now they claim its cracked and gave me $72.  how do we take action on this

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LARVIG13

I had a similar situation where I was promised $650 for my iPhone trade. The original email I received indicated $650 payment. Once I sent them my phone I got a new email indicating payment over two years and a lot of terms and conditions forcing me into a two year agreement. When I pointed it out to customer service I ultimately only got $225 for my phone and that was the only option given. I asked for them to listen to previous calls where a sr supervisor told me it wouldn't make a difference. In the end a customer service person told me to stop calling and asking for them to do the right thing because they wouldn't consider anything to correct the situation. So much for my 15 years as a customer. i will be leaving after this phone is paid for since they can't (won't) make this right. I will continue to tell everyone who will listen not to trust them since there is not integrity or customer service left here. Only thing you ever get is, "I'm sorry that ou feel that way". It's not a Feeling. It's a scam!

0 Likes
Sundubious
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow more horror stories of what I am dealing with in regards to my trade in.

A 669.99 appraised value to just 197.00

Lesson learned;  NEVER NEVER Trade in a phone to Verizon

0 Likes
K_YOOJUNG

This is Big Verizon Phone company's Scam! This scam news must be published in major news media.

0 Likes
jfogarty
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please have some social media supervison contact me too!

I had an issue with being charged $329 for a return phone that they said had 'mechanical damage'.  The phone did not work and I returned it.  It had no user damage from me.  I have read so many posts of Verizon scamming people this way.  I have already done the runaround with online reps.  What a joke.  They think we are all fools. 

I am going to go 'old school'.  I am going to picket my local verizon store this weeked.  If I don't get my charge erased as a result at least I will bring awareness and doubt to Verizon customers on this scam verizon is trying to pull.  

If everyone would get out and picket this company appropriately... I think we can make a difference.  I called the South Windsor, CT police department and they told me where I could picket without getting arrested.  I will find at least an hour in every weekend day until this is cleared up, until I feel enough Verizon customers have seen my signs, or until I stop fuming over this scam.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@jfogarty wrote:

Please have some social media supervison contact me too!

I had an issue with being charged $329 for a return phone that they said had 'mechanical damage'.  The phone did not work and I returned it.  It had no user damage from me.  I have read so many posts of Verizon scamming people this way.  I have already done the runaround with online reps.  What a joke.  They think we are all fools. 

I am going to go 'old school'.  I am going to picket my local verizon store this weeked.  If I don't get my charge erased as a result at least I will bring awareness and doubt to Verizon customers on this scam verizon is trying to pull.  

If everyone would get out and picket this company appropriately... I think we can make a difference.  I called the South Windsor, CT police department and they told me where I could picket without getting arrested.  I will find at least an hour in every weekend day until this is cleared up, until I feel enough Verizon customers have seen my signs, or until I stop fuming over this scam.

I’ll wave and laugh as I pass by.    As will the rest of the Buckland shoppers.   Seriously, we had 3 police shootings and related protests, no one is going to take this seriously.  

File a BBB complaint.  

0 Likes
DerekByrne

I have the same issue. I was supposed to get $450 for my iPhone 6s plus. I know for a fact that it was in great condition, worked, factory reset, and free of any cracks or damage. They have said that it had a crack on the screen and now is only worth $42. I certainly would not have sent it in had that actually been true. It was worth more to me than that. The picture they sent me of the "damage" shows a crack from what looks like a drop. I am going to save this picture and if there ever is a class action or something similar, show it to the attorney representing. I bet it's the same picture and they try to pass it off to other people.

Verizon is ripping people off and deceiving them.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@DerekByrne wrote:

I have the same issue. I was supposed to get $450 for my iPhone 6s plus. I know for a fact that it was in great condition, worked, factory reset, and free of any cracks or damage. They have said that it had a crack on the screen and now is only worth $42. I certainly would not have sent it in had that actually been true. It was worth more to me than that. The picture they sent me of the "damage" shows a crack from what looks like a drop. I am going to save this picture and if there ever is a class action or something similar, show it to the attorney representing. I bet it's the same picture and they try to pass it off to other people.Verizon is ripping people off and deceiving them.

The offer on a 6s is not $450.  It was $300 as a trade in with new service and purchase.  $100 as an upgrade with new purchase.   $48 as a straight trade in, un damaged.  Damaged phones get $0.  

C5F499B7-4F81-423D-9D1B-73587C10515D.jpeg0AC25FC8-2972-49AE-8D1A-C9BD13CB487A.jpeg

0 Likes
bhegseth
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat. My phone's value was only around $65 at the time of trade in, but there was a $500 promotional trade in with the phone I was purchasing. My wife and I both bought these phones with this deal. I was given one box to send both phones in (which is against Verizon policy). Unfortunately I never got the credit, and when I asked them about it, I was told that the phone was cracked. It wasn't when I sent it in. Could it have happened in shipping, especially with 2 phones in one box? I don't know. I say that's fine, can you please just remove the $65 dollars that the phone is worth from the $500 credit? No, they can't do that either. Verizon lost out on a phone worth $65 trade in value, but then they get to keep $500!

I used to work at Verizon, why would I have sent in a phone that had a crack in it? But at the end of the day, it's their word against mine. I've logged a BBB just asking for $430, but based on their 1.09 stars on BBB, I'm sure I probably will just hear no again. 

0 Likes