Re: Verizon Trade-In Program Scam
Calliope19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please review my 10/14/2014 response to this and below posts. I had a very satisfactory resolution and you may as well. (No I am not an employee or related to Verizon in any way.) 

HQ IS aware of the issue and you just need to contact the right people.

- Annik

0 Likes
Calliope19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please review my 10/14/2014 response to this and below posts. I had a very satisfactory resolution and you may as well. (No I am not an employee or related to Verizon in any way.) 

HQ IS aware of the issue and you just need to contact the right people.

- Annik

0 Likes
Calliope19
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for providing your story and the links to the RIGHT people to contact. I sent an email to both the Regional President (who looked to be about 12) and the SVP of Operation Excellence. Within an hour I was contacted by HQ and my fair trade was accomplished and posted to my account. I wrote a response to this thread about it today, 10/6/14. Thanks again for taking the time to help us all out. Crowdsourcing rules!

0 Likes
sbrad2216
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just would like to update everyone on my issues I had with Verizon trade in.   I actually went ahead and sent  a letter to the Verizon regional president in my area as Calliope19 had requested us do.   And this was the only person that did anything about it.  She had someone call me immediately the next day (because I wrote her in the middle of the night. LOL).  And she asked me what happened, I told her.  she said she didn't want me to have to wait any longer and credited my Verizon account for the other 164.00 that I was promised from Verizon trade in.  She says they are actually a 3rd party vendor.  She said she'd take it up with them later. but would get mine credited asap.  She did.  I'm so grateful to her.  So please if you have any problems with them as a lot of you are.  Just call or email them and explain what happened.

Thank you all for your help and Good Luck!

-Sandy

Calliope19     Oct 6, 2014 2:32 PM    (in response to hkjmullins  

Okay, so I sent my nearly-pristine 4s in and expected a $200 gift card. When I checked the form on the site and it said my phone was received cracked, broken, and unusable, I just about had a stroke. Instead of calling the number they list, I decided to follow a previous user's advice (hk_nyc Mar 20, 2014 10:20 AM)@ and wrote a letter to both my regional president

0 Likes
Headhunter_06

I'm not sure the trade-in program is even reliable. We ordered two new iPhone 6 and got them about 1.5 weeks apart. We sent in the first trade-in iPhone 4s (64GB) on 30 September in the pre-paid brown envelope, and the second one (a regular 16gb 4s) on 10 October.  On 12 October we got two e-mails informing us that neither phone had been received. While I might expect the last one to have still been in transit/processing, the first one should already have arrived and been processed. I have repeatedly checked the trade-in status page and still get the "not received" response.  While I have full photo proof of the devices' condition -- to include pictures placing them in the green bag and then in the pre-paid brown mailer -- I very much regret that I did not skip the pre-paid method and should have opted instead for some sort of trackable mail. How can I prove that I upheld my end of the trade-in bargain?

0 Likes
ExtremelyDisappointe1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Similar discussion here: Trade-In Program is a Scam

0 Likes
sbrad2216
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would definitely recommend everyone get delivery confirmation.  I took their return envelope they sent, packed up the phone and took it down to the post office, it only cost 1.05 to get the delivery confirmation.  As I had noted above, I found it odd that Verizon trade in had sent me an email on oct 3 stating that I was only getting 36.00 trade in for the phone because my activation lock was still on, and yet in the very next paragraph they said they hadn't received my phone yet.  If that were true how would they even know the activation lock wasn't deactivated?  I would think Verizon would not even deal with this so called third party company to let them do what they are doing.  My delivery confirmation even showed that the phone was received on Sept 23rd.  Yet Oct 3rd they send me that email.  My activation lock wasn't still active and they received the phone.    Please call or email your regional president of Verizon in your area, and let them know your situation.  they responded promptly and credited my account for the remainder of the 200.00 owed to me immediately.    Good luck everyone.  Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
sbrad2216
Enthusiast - Level 2

Headhunter_06,

Please be sure to explain your story to the regional president in your area.  click here:  Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless    Find the person in your area, and click contact and let them know what happened and how much you received from the Verizon trade in.  Save your email from the trade in that shows just in case.  I actually ended up reading mine to the person, who contacted me, by phone.  She knew it sounded odd and didn't make me wait any longer.    

Also, Just in case,  I actually wrote an email to:

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/nancy-b-clark/

I wrote to her the same night as I wrote to the regional president, trying to get myself heard.  I received a call the next business day and she took care of it for me. 

Thank you and again I thank Calliope19 for giving out this same information.  And I Hope it helps you and others who have also been scammed.  You'd think it would have been the safest way to trade in your phone, but definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 

I also do thank Verizon (regional) for helping out and taking care of this matter so quickly.   Thank you. 

keandau
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too was scammed.  We sent in 2 iPhones that were correctly appraised at $200.  What we received today was 2 gift cards for $76 each.  We received no explanation. No explanation is required.  They both worked fine and definitely met the criteria that was found on the website when filling out the form. 

I guess I am the fool for believing the company that is spying on its customers using supercookies, then selling the data to other companies for advertising....

Verizon, AT&T tracking their users with ‘supercookies’ - The Washington Post

ryanho

My wife and I have been duped as well -- we were quoted $200 for a perfectly working iPhone 5 w/ no damage. We received $36. We followed the turn-in instructions to the letter.

Unacceptable.

0 Likes