Verizon Trade-In Program Customer Service Rating of F
rhen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very frustrated that I have not received my 100 gift card via email from the trade-in center.  It has been since April 05th that I had sent out my phone to the trade-in center.  There have been 4 to 5 representatives I talked to and they have all escalated my situation.  According to the email confirmation after I sent out my phone device, I am supposed to receive it via my email in 2 or 3 weeks time.  It has been triple that time and as a paying customer who pays almost 200 every month, I deserve to have received this virtual card on the specified time and date. How many more escalations do your representatives have to process?  How many more times do I have to call just to check in to be told to wait another 2 weeks?  Verizon's Trade-In Program did not deserve my old phone, least my minutes that I pay for just to inquire about my current situation.  I used to love Verizon and think it the best in everything, but now I can hardly think any from the stress and worry that this caused me.  I have everything documented and I hope this will be resolved immediately as it took me a day to send over my old device, it should not take over a day to send me my money.  Verizon is very irresponsible for leaving their own representatives in a tight bind without any resolution for customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Trade-In Program Customer Service Rating of F
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rhen,

I can assist you with your gift card. I know it's been too long, and a frustrating experience for you. Please send me a direct message with your name and mobile number. I will review the situation and provide you with a resolution, once and for all. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ironponygrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am having a similar problem.  now i'm told that i wont get a physical gift card at all, only an email with some kind of retrieval.  i believe this is some sort of scam.  my submission id is <removed for privacy>.  i mailed in my phone on 5/1/2012.  your website has said that the phone was received for the last 30 days.  its supposed to be a gift card for $120 which I was planning to put against the balance on my account.  now I get a text msg threatening to discontinue my service.  so you cant pay what you owe me, but you can threaten me if i dont pay you?  thats not fair.  how can i send you a direct message if you arent 'following' me.  i think the trade-in program is some kind of a scam

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

They really should have some sort of explanation of the ways to contact them when they post something like that. It seems to be an on going problem encountered by many.

rhen
Enthusiast - Level 1

So after waiting about 80 days for this e-gift card from Verizon, I finally received it!  I still feel frustration towards the whole process of Verizon's trade-in program.  I wish they would state that instead of the three weeks of wait to receive the card, customers who participate will get their card in 3 months. That is just a lot of time difference from 3 weeks to 3 months.  I would never go through this whole situation again and made a decision not to support Verizon's Trade-In Program.  I would have just kept my old phone as a souvenir. So for anybody who is in the same situation I was in, don't waste your time calling in and asking if they have sent over this e-gift card.  They are just going to escalate it every single time.  The best thing to do if you already have sent over your phone to them is wait for them to receive and process your phone.  In my case, it took them 4-5 days to receive and process mine.  It will take them up to 3 months as I have read from the other forums to send you your much awaited e-gift card.  What you can do is contact them through facebook or corporate office.  Tell them how dissatisfy you are as a customer, so they will know how they can improve.

0 Likes