Verizon TERRIBLE Customer Support, filled with misinformation.
Flip28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless has once again inconvenienced me with misinformation and or lies. I've had a lot of trouble lately with Verizons lack of support.

I lost my Iphone 5S on July 4th, more than likely stolen.. So I went into the Verizon store located at "33830 Us Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL 34684" to see what I could do, 2 Verizon employees told me "Verizons total mobile protection by asurion is currently in Open-Enrollment and I can simply enroll, wait 30 days and then file a claim and they would send me a refurbished Iphone for a deductible of $150. I was surprised and asked if they're sure I could do it even though my Iphone was lost before enrolling and they both assured me I could because of the Open-Enrollment. I was very happy I wasn't going to have to buy a new phone. They added the protection to my account in-store. I waited a month and filed the claim, after filing it I was told, of course that I lost the phone before I enrolled in the protection so I'm not eligible.

I went without my phone for a month and wasted the $11 or whatever it was enrolling in that pointless protection because 2 Verizon employees were misinformed, as they usually are. 

While my Iphone was lost, I was also locked out of MyVerizon account and I could not get access because they needed to send my password to my phone(which was lost). access to the site was important for me because I could receive and send texts online, and view and pay my bills. I contacted Verizon and the misinformed employee told me the only way to regain access to the account with a missing phone is for him to delete my account and then I could re-register. He deleted my account and I continued to re-register, as I was doing so it said I STILL needed to get a password from my phone(which was missing). I called back and asked them to un-delete it and see what else could be done, They apologized and said that was the wrong thing to do, but the deletion was irreversible. They told me the only thing to do would be for me to go into a Verizon store and they would use a phone to get me access to my account, I went in and of course, they told me they were sorry but there is nothing they can do either and the person that told me was misinformed, so they called Verizon support for me and finally they said they could send me the password through mail.a  few days later I get a password in the mail, but it was not the 6-digit code that the site was asking from me... So I called back and  woman told me she is sorry, she doesn't know why all of that was done, but there is actually no way to get access to my account without a phone. I was very disappointed that I wasted all those hours trying to do something that couldn't be done.a few days later, to my surprise another pin came in the mail and it worked.   I guess someone found the mistake and sent me the correct pin, I don't know that it was worth waiting in the "Higher than normal call volumes" (its higher than normal every day, all day... I don't know why you don't just say "Sorry we don't higher enough call center employees, you're wait time will be over an hour.") I m still relieved to at least have access to my account again so I can text and pay my bill (Which was now overdue with a late fee because I couldn't pay it locked out of my account.)

I love Verizons service, its much better than my previous carrier, but their customer support is so lacking, I don't know how this business survives. I'll more than likely be switching to T-Mobile after my contract in hopes of better Customer Care.

I will probably be going into that store again tomorrow and seeing if they can refund the money spent on the protection plan, if only they could do something about the hours and hours spent with Verizons customer supports misinformation and the month I went phone-less because of it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon TERRIBLE Customer Support, filled with misinformation.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Flip28,

I'm saddened to hear about your experiences with your account and lost/stolen device.  We strive to provide you with an excellent customer service experience in these situations and apologize if that was not received. 

If you were unable to use the Equipment Protection due to the date of the incident, then we can certainly look into a refund for you.  Have you explored other options for replacing your device yet?  I will send you a Private Message so we can further assist with your account and options. Thanks

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Flip28
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's a very kind offer for you to refund the $11 protection plan that I purchased a month ago due to the misinformation of your employees. I mean, it's not the thing that SHOULD be corrected, but its still something, I wasn't even expecting that.

The 2 Verizon employees I spoke with that sold me the protection told me explicitly not to add a new phone to my number or I couldn't use the protection and that I also had to wait a month before filing.    So I mean, I wasted hours of my time in calls with "support", Gas and time driving to the store 2-3 times and a full month of absolutely no service(not even MyVerizon) payed for and wasted due to the advice of Verizon employees.

So there are multiple things here that a good company would probably address, but thanks anyways for the $11, I really wasn't even expecting that. Do you think me going into the Verizon store and confronting the employees may help me?

If not, I can at least inform them that they were wrong so that they don't trick others into my same problem.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It wouldn't hurt to talk to the employees at the store. Personally, I don't think they intended to misinform you or cause you grief, just that they gave you bad advice that didn't work when trying to help you. They need to know they gave you bad info to be educated, and maybe they'd feel bad and offer other options to help you.

0 Likes
AnthonyArmato
Contributor - Level 1

Basically they were telling you to add the insurance, wait 30 days then file a claim stating you just lost it at that point. NOT 30 days prior to adding the protection. They were telling you to commit insurance fraud pretty much.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We strive to provide accurate information and first call resolution. You definitely deserve that and I’m truly sorry you did not get that. Your time is valuable and it is important that we give you the time that it takes to resolve your issues.
I want to make sure you connected with Trevor in that Private Message and that the issue with the credit has been resolved. If not let us know and we can reach out to you via Private Message.
I would encourage you to go to the store. We do want to hear when things go wrong so we can address them and learn from them.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Flip28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was contacted, but I've gotten no response since then per usual Verizon.

0 Likes
Flip28
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what I at first assumed as well, but they assured me in store with open enrollment, I can use the protection even though I lost it before I added the protection.

0 Likes
Flip28
Enthusiast - Level 2

"and maybe they'd feel bad and offer other options to help you."

This is Verizon, lets be real here lol.......    There "Other options to help me" would be apologizing for all the misinformation and then making me pay for all of their mistakes, then trying to sell me an Ipad.

0 Likes
Flip28
Enthusiast - Level 2

as said in PM:

You could further assist by carrying out what was promised to me, refunding last months bill because it was in no use and better training your employees so this misinformation does not inconvenience others. The person that put the Mobile Protection on my account should also be contacted and make sure that store knows the information they gave me was wrong.

But in reality,  this is Verizon so none of that will be done, so i'll be switching to T-Mobile. Please move my upgrade eligibility a week earlier though, and No, I do not have  temporary device. thank you.

0 Likes