Verizon Switch Scam?
Tbubb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else here get talked into the Verizon Switch promotion where if you switch they pay off your other provider's final bill? Needless to say, we still owe our other provider $600 thanks to their empty promises.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Switch Scam?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IIt's not a scam and you are mistaken. It's up to 650, if there is an early termination fee or device payments from the other carrier. They do not pay for your service; you are still responsible for that.

0 Likes
Tbubb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I paid off the service. My final bill was comprised of only device payments

and early term fees and they are sending me a gift card with only a quarter

of what the fees added up to be.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tbubb, I understand wanting to qualify for the full $650.00 credit. Based on what was submitted to us as well as all of the qualifications the promotion was for up to $650.00. To speak with someone directly regarding what you qualified for please visit http://bit.ly/26Pu9Vh

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARLann05
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched in January and sent in my bill that showed my phone payoff was over 300. For some reason I have never received my prepaid visa. I received 144 upfront when I switched and the card is only going to be for $55. Something doesn't add up. They are screwing people out of money and they don't even know it until they are already signed up with a new verizon phone

Tbubb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly!! The numbers definitely don't add up! We have been in contact with

them several times and they keep saying they sent the prepaid visa cards.

Two months later...nothing. We owe our previous company $867 and that is

just phone payoff. They are threatening to send our final bill to

collections while we are still waiting for these cards that are supposedly

on their way.

DEF2769
Enthusiast - Level 1

I starting thinking this is a scam after making 4 request for the prepaid postage trade in box. By the third week I expressed my concerns with the customer service rep that I think this is how they scam people by delaying the shipping material and then turning around and saying it took to long for me to send it in. I finally received a letter (NO BOX) with a shipping label after 30 days of original request.So guess what happened.My promotion  was denied because they didn't receive my phone in time.I called to complain and they apologized and said I should be expecting the 2 visa cards in a few weeks.NOT SO FAST.A couple weeks later I decided to check the status of the cards and now they seem to be denied.I call again today and they said they have to send it in for review and this will take 2 weeks..At this point I'M very frustrated with this whole promotion.

To any one else who is having issues please respond I think our only way to resolve this is to start a civil lawsuit.

Tbubb
Enthusiast - Level 2

We had absolutely no issues receiving the return boxes.  We received $181 per phone credited towards our account.  But now, they are only giving us $500 total on prepaid Visas to pay off our $867 bill for our previous provider. $500 is better than nothing, but I was told they pay off your phones...the $867 is just for the phones.  It seems to me that they re using the credit from our old phone trade in as past of the payoff, which I was informed was a completely separate process. So far we have only received $252 worth od prepaid Visas, so we will see if I receive anymore from them.  We made the switch at the beginning of March and had to contact both providers multiple times to get any answers.  Switching has been a huge regret.  Should've kept AT&T...

Kregore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Switched from ATT in January under the assumption which was reinforced by the sales rep that the full cost of our AT&T buyout would be paid in cards through the mail. Fast forward until May and we still have received nothing and on top of that, they say they only owe us less than half of the 675 buyout because the trade in value of our year old Note 4 and Galaxy 6 were somehow labeled as a credit. How are the legitimate values of our phones a credit of any kind I ask?!!! Anyway since we signed a contract under deceptive pretenses (which I could go on at length about all the scam artistry the rep pulled to deceive us into the contract) I mentioned I'd have to cancel my service since it has been an utter nightmare. At this point I'm advised that by cancelling I'd have to pay back the value of MY trade in phones and any other promo $ if I ever see any of it. I have never in my life seen such an outright and criminal case of fraud. It is an outrage and I cannot suggest enough to people to stay very far away from Verizon Wireless.

ARLann05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine was a note 4 also and it was in perfect condition. It had been in an Otterbox defender case from the time it was purchased. But I'm only going to get 199 for it. Over 100 less than was owed. Don't tell me you are paying off my phone to switch to your service then surprise I get screwed. It should not take 4 months to get these prepaid cards. And we need to stand up to these people and demand the money we were promised