Verizon Supervisor Dismissal of Concerns/Failure to Return Requested Calls
tsull82751

Frankly, I am outraged at the lack of concern and the failure of Verizon Wireless' Customer Care Supervisors failure to return my calls after REPEATED request through customer service representatives. I initially called Verizon Wireless because I was at the end of my contract with a mobile pac which I was not and had not been using for months. I was told by two different customer care representatives incorrect dates at which time I would be allowed to terminate the service without having to pay the early termination fee. My MAIN concern and my actual reason for calling Verizon Wireless is because I have been placed on Social Security Disability; I am unable to work, and I SIMPLY wanted to have a representative look at my account and tell me what I could do to reduce the amount I pay each month. The young man told me that the termination of the mobile pac would reduce my monthly bill by $50.00, bringing me from approximately a $300.00 monthly bill to a $250.00 monthly bill. Though this was still a pretty hefty sum for me to pay each month out of the $1700.00 I receive, in disability benefits, I decided this would at least provide me with some relief. The representative then told me I was eligible for upgrades on two of the phones of the four I have on my account. I discussed the Samsung Galaxy five which was being advertised for $199.00, but I decided I was not willing to upgrade at the pricing. Then, I was told I could get two Samsung Galaxy four phones for $99.00; I would also receive two $50.00 Visa Rebate Cards which I could use to apply to my bill in order to actually get the phones for free. Since the phones would actually cost me $0.00 dollars, I agreed to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy 4. Upon going with the Samsung Galaxy 4 and signing on to an additional two year contract, the representative told me he could save me even more money on my monthly bill if I would change from my current family plan to the new family plan which offered more features and greater data service, unlimited minutes, and unlimited text messaging. The young man told me this would reduce my monthly payments from approximately $250-$270 a month to somewhere in the high $100 to lower $200 dollar range. As any individual who suddenly finds himself or herself in a situation which creates financial hardship due to a reduction of one's monthly income from $3,300.00 per month to $1700.00 per month, I trusted the individual who sold me the service because I desperately needed lower costs in order to meet my monthly obligations. I was not given the specifics of proration of my account; I was simply led to believe changing to this new plan would be a much greater means of reducing my bill. When I receive my bill for the May to early June billing cycle, I was absolutely floored to discover the amount due to Verizon was over $600. I immediately called customer service and explained why I had called and how my understanding of what was sold to me would create a much more manageable monthly amount due. In addition, there were charges for the two new devices, and I had already received the Visa cards and applied the $100 to my account with the belief that doing so would place me at the much reduced bill. This time I spoke with a representative who was an incredibly kind and understanding representative. He was able to get permission to reduce the amount owed by $300, but somehow, I still owed a great deal more. At that time, the proration of my old plan and my new plan was revealed more fully to me, and I was beyond outraged. I did not speak harshly to this understanding young man because he told me it was not within his authorization to remove proration charges; however, he said he would speak to someone with more authority to see if the misrepresentation of the truth to me could be removed. When he returned to speak with me, he said I am sorry Mr. Sullivan, but my supervisor will not allow the removal of the proration. At that time, I asked to speak with someone with more authority, and I was told Verizon did not allow escalation to a higher level at the initiation of a customer issue; however, he could and would put in my request for a supervisor with greater authorization abilities to call me...as I specifically requested. I was told I could expect a call in the next 24 to 48 hours. Guess what?  NO CALL. After a few days, I, again, used MyVerizon to see if the reductions were applied. Again, NO. I gave Verizon several days to apply the reductions, but nothing was done. I told Verizon to stop my automatic payments until we could come to some resolution regarding this misrepresentation of the truth to a customer, me! Again, I placed a call to Verizon, spoke with representative #3, explained my situation again, and again requested a call from someone in a supervisory position to call me for further discussion regarding the misrepresentation of service which I was sold. IF my primary objective in calling Verizon INITIALLY was my very REAL need to lower my cost, what IDIOTS fail to see I am now in a situation which I creating tremendous financial stress for me. I paid $200.00 at online to make an effort to show willingness to pay, and I continued to await the call from a supervisor. Over three weeks have passed, and I still have not had anyone from Verizon make any attempt to reach out to me. I have always made my payments on time in the past; I signed up for automatic withdrawal of funds from my bank in order to make sure I was never past due, and this is the way I am treated. I will continue to pay what I can pay due to my very limited funds, and I will continue to demand a call from someone who has the authority to adjust my bill to the amount I was promised and I expect. Today, I receive my statement for June 6th to my July due date. Guess what? My bill has NO adjustments, and Verizon is still billing me over $600.00 for the current billing cycle. My issues will be addressed one way or the other because there are other options I can take against Verizon. Social Media is a powerful tool which I can use on a daily basis to warn and to guide potential Verizon customers away from the incompetence, the misrepresentation of the truth, and the multiple failures of the companies upper management to take the time to call me. This is outrageous and this is unacceptable. PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL ME! Do not promise customers a service for which I have also found to be yet another way to skirt the issues many customers' request. I am not threating anyone at Verizon; however, I am completely dedicated to following through with daily notifications to Facebook followers warning them of the manipulation of customers and the inept supervisory and upper-management's failure to follow their OWN promises to honor to its customers. I encourage any and ALL Verizon customers to flood social media with warning so corrupt polices and misrepresentations which are a DANGER to Verizon customers. We DO NOT HAVE TO REMAIN VOICELESS. As customers, we support Verizon's profits. I will not sit idly by and let this foolishness and these lies to go unaddressed. I expect to get precisely what I was promised...AND NOTHING LESS!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Supervisor Dismissal of Concerns/Failure to Return Requested Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to be on the correct tsull82751 and stay within your budget, I apologize for the problems you had while contacting us about the plan. We want to make sure we resolve your concern as this is unacceptable; if you were promised a call, you should receive it. Please follow me back and send me a Direct Message so I can review the details of this. Here are our plans http://vz.to/1qUByL2 , which is what we offer and can honor. I look forward to your message. 

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes