Re: Verizon Share Everything Plans
AZSALUKI
Legend

i agree that they want us to use more and to pay for it, but that doesn't mean that it won't cause problems for them. how much is "more?" at some point more use has to cause a lack of supply doesn't it? i'm not that familiar with how it all works, but i would think it's like most other commodities. the more we use, the more they have to supply. their supply can't be endless can it? as they need to purchase more, wouldn't their providers charge them more? i know if i sold something with an increasing demand, i would increase the price.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dimap52 wrote:

Try $50 for ONE Gig. If that's not paying MORE for LESS, I don't know what is.

if you keep your current plan, then it's $30 for 2 gigs.

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Until sometimes the price becomes so excessive the bubble burst.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the bubble only ever bursts when demand drastically drops. i've said from the begining, that if we all stop buying smart phones and data plans, you would most definitely see price drops. i don't think that will ever happen, so i expect to see the price continue to go up, among every carrier. look at land lines. people stopped using them. they became DIRT cheap. prior to the cell phone era though, they were always on the rise. 

0 Likes
179fps

The price would likely drop if there were more competition. But that

would require "unbundling" our government from the telecom industry. Not

likely in this political climate but there is precedent.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/28/why-is-european-broadband-faster-and-cheaper-blame-the-governme/

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's a great article.....but how many options is enough? here in phoenix, i have at least 7 cell phone carrier options (maybe more?).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's a few things missing in the article which has nothing to do with government which plays a larger factor as well, but it's always easier to blame the government.

0 Likes
iowaman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Old plan, 1 smart phone 40.00 for 450 mins 10.00 for 1000 text and 30.00 for unlimited data. The most i have have ever used for data is about 600 megs , average is about 150.00 . Price 80.00 A Month .

1 Ipad 3 30.00 a month for 2 gigs most I have ever used is 300 average is 150 megs

Cost for all 110.00

Share everything with 1 gig of data 100.00 . 10 Bucks a month cheaper and now I dont have to worry about going over mins for calls .

I have already made the change today .

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

One question for you. Do you always have your phone nearby when you are using your tablet? I believe that tethering is included with these new share everything plans. If you always have your phone nearby, or can do so, it seems you would save another $10/month by not adding your iPad to your plan, and just use it via wi-fi tethered to your phone.