Re: Verizon Share Everything Plans
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

Remember what I said?  That's **...  Reason being... He is TETHERING.  He modified the OS so he could tether with it, and he is tethering.  You can take that to the bank...  He is one of those who will do that.  That's why I said it is false that HE could do it with just an iPad.

I get that and it is against  Verizons TOS to do so  however  he's definitely getting his money's worth lol   tho if I were Verizon  i would send him a $6000  bill  to pay for it all lol OR I would change his plan to the 2GB  and charge him $50  because if he's used that kind of data  already  on the unlimited plan and not getting charged for it then  he wouldn't need to complain  because  he already got his money's worth even if he went over and was charged $20 a GB overage charges  he'd still be  paying LESS than he deserves

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Derek32880 wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

D) you get what you pay for. If you want the bargain basement deal in any industry, you understand that you get inferior product or service.

maybe years ago  this might have been true  but not today  lets look @ AT&T   right now i can pay the same $120 i'm paying to Verizon  and get 3GB of data compared to the 2GB Verizon is going to try to force on me if i upgrade (unless i get the 6GB shared data tier plan)  so not counting the tiered data plan....   with AT&T  I get 1GB  MORE than I would with Verizon's 2GB  but then I would also get  75%  MORE dropped calls/signal  loss as well cause in my area AT&T's coverage *****    so in this case  I'd be paying the same price and getting LESS coverage  than i get with Verizon   so apparently  you don't get what you pay for

but overall i am more satisfied with Verizons coverage/signal  than i am any other company

you're kind of making my case. verizon is better, and they will likely charge more for less (on paper) than other carriers.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Derek32880 wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

Remember what I said?  That's **...  Reason being... He is TETHERING.  He modified the OS so he could tether with it, and he is tethering.  You can take that to the bank...  He is one of those who will do that.  That's why I said it is false that HE could do it with just an iPad.

I get that and it is against  Verizons TOS to do so  however  he's definitely getting his money's worth lol   tho if I were Verizon  i would send him a $6000  bill  to pay for it all lol OR I would change his plan to the 2GB  and charge him $50  because if he's used that kind of data  already  on the unlimited plan and not getting charged for it then  he wouldn't need to complain  because  he already got his money's worth even if he went over and was charged $20 a GB overage charges  he'd still be  paying LESS than he deserves

yeah.....these are the users that put us in this spot. none of this would be an issue (yet) if you didn't have that top 5% basically sharing data with their entire house, if not the entire block.

louisagresti
Enthusiast - Level 3

In all honesty it is cheaper to use my smartphone as a house phone,and just have the Verizon Fios double play,i pay 112 for that 75/35 internet and ultimate HD TVwith the phone i would be looking at 150 or more a month.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

For as long as I remember mobile data was never meant to replace your home internet. also you don't need a 75/35 connection to watch HD content. 10/1 is more than enough. That's crazy to spend that much for something someone isn't going to use that much capacity at home unless you are doing something illegal, or running a server.

0 Likes
Not applicable

mobile data may be the ONLY internet access some people can get. Cable/DSL don't go everywhere.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

But YOU agreed that it won't replace it... Regardless...

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well no I wouldn't REPLACE Cable/DSL with mobile. Not unless I was in the mood to pay $2000 a month for internet.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

and people were doing that with unlimited...  Point being regardless of what people did with it or if they could get internet or not CHOSE to agree with the fact it is NOT supposed to replace Satellite/DSL/Cable type of service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can't throw satellite in there. Mobile is a perfectly decent replacement for satellite. In fact if it wasn't why is Verizon offering HomeFusion which works off of LTE or why do they offer USB modems? Hughesnet cheapest plan ( which isn't so cheap ) has a 250 MB daily cap which is 7.3 GB a month. How is that not comparable to mobile? Considering 4G has lower latency and speeds up to 12 bps compared to 1 or 2  Mbps for Hughesnet. Why wouldn't mobile be a replacement for satellite?

0 Likes