Re: Verizon Share Everything Plans
AZSALUKI
Legend

A) nobody is raising anything 30%. You can keep your current plan and simply be capped at 2 gb but still get a subsidized phone.

B) they may all be at the miffed stage but Verizon knows exactly how many people will leave and I'd bet it wont be many.

C) I've lost very few clients in 15 years....LOL.

D) you get what you pay for. If you want the bargain basement deal in any industry, you understand that you get inferior product or service.

0 Likes
jacek

I believe the new plan structure just initiated by Verizon will be the turning point for their customer base.  Many people on this and many other forums are highly angered by their new plans and thier totally arrogant take it or leave it business attitude.   At least in my case, a point has been reached where I have seen enough of price increases (by large percentages), fees tacked on there and there, elimination of customer loyalty incentives, and plans just shoved down your throat with total disregard. Granted this is free enterprise, but also corporate greed at its finest.  I certainly would not ever renew a contract with a company like this and their attitude and money gouging practices.  Heck, there was certainly nothing wrong at all with a land line.  Moreover, there are certainly plenty of pre-paid cellular plans available to prevent one from getting screwed over to this magnitude.  Also, there are other choices such as cheap home voip devices, skype, and much more.   

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey thanks for the Link AZSALUK   The only thing that i was Wondering are they going to be Nation Wide Were you Go... They Go!   No matter were. in the Lower 48 an Alaska, Hawaii , San Juan..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

It is definitely corporate greed, but I believe they know what they are doing. They know they have the best service and we will pay for it. Everyone was outraged and "going to leave" a year ago when they discontinued unlimited data on any mew plans......and all they did was grow even larger.

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

For the record, if you only have a single line, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SWITCH TO THESE PLANS!! AGAIN, SINGLE LINE MEANS NO SHARE PLAN!! Who would you be sharing with? lol

0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

yet the share plans are cheaper than the $30 for a measly 2GB 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

21stNow wrote:

I'm not saying that the decision to purchase Voicestream was a good decision. I think that the purchase price was way too high for 6 million customers at the time. Likewise, AT&T's offer of $39 billion was too high, too. My point was where the debt was and the true financial position of T-Mobile USA.

That's false.  You have to consider debt from the start.  This is how small business fails as they think they already have profit when they don't.  You only have true profit once you pay back what you initially spent and have overhead.  39B is fair price when you consider licenses, towers, buildings and such.  This saves time and could have helped AT&T over all and draw in new customers where they could potentially draw more than their 39B investment.

This is different than Sprint Nextel where the technology is completely different.  A simple firmware upgrade would be for AT&T vs. Sprint trying to convert the towers to a new technology.

0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

tidbits  remember  what i said about the 687GB?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/drozek/datahog.jpg   here is your proof on that

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Remember what I said?  That's BS...  Reason being... He is TETHERING.  He modified the OS so he could tether with it, and he is tethering.  You can take that to the bank...  He is one of those who will do that.  That's why I said it is false that HE could do it with just an iPad.

0 Likes
Derek32880
Contributor - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

D) you get what you pay for. If you want the bargain basement deal in any industry, you understand that you get inferior product or service.

maybe years ago  this might have been true  but not today  lets look @ AT&T   right now i can pay the same $120 i'm paying to Verizon  and get 3GB of data compared to the 2GB Verizon is going to try to force on me if i upgrade (unless i get the 6GB shared data tier plan)  so not counting the tiered data plan....   with AT&T  I get 1GB  MORE than I would with Verizon's 2GB  but then I would also get  75%  MORE dropped calls/signal  loss as well cause in my area AT&T's coverage sucks     so in this case  I'd be paying the same price and getting LESS coverage  than i get with Verizon   so apparently  you don't get what you pay for

Also  this maybe true with products   for example  i'd get a better computer  if I paid $500   compared to 1 I paid $50-$100 for   so in this case  yes  you do get what you paid for   but when it comes to cell phone/communication companies  that  "you get what you pay for"  really doesn't apply

also even with Verizon  the coverage/signal isn't what it used to be   when i signed up for Verizon back in Dec of 09  the coverage was amazing  i had 3-4 bars (out of 4)  bars all the time   for the first 22 months  then all of a sudden if there came a big rain  i would have no service whats so ever when i did have service i still had 0 or 1 bar   I had called tech support and they told me it was cause of the fact that my house was down in a dip so to speak   which makes no sense because if that was the case  then i would have been having issues the whole 22 months i didn't have a problem   so then when it did it again i called tech support again  and this time they did run some tests and updated the backbone on the tower   which helped for a short time  but it's back to going down to 1 or 2 bars when it rains  tho it doesn't cut off or lose signal completely but still

now  there is really only 2 fixes for this  

1) Verizon has to update or fix the towers find out where the real problem is  which would cost them some money tho it's there job to do  to keep services up and running correctly or

2) I get 1 of those Network Extenders  which would cost ME $250   which is not my job to pay $ to make there services better  it's my job to pay for the service I have which I do

but overall i am more satisfied with Verizons coverage/signal  than i am any other company

0 Likes