Re: Verizon Share Everything Plans
SirCharlesKills
Enthusiast - Level 3

Count me out.  This is the very definition of a rip-off.

AZSALUKI
Legend

woolster22 wrote:

My line is up on verizon on july 7th.  I wont accept 2gb, and there is no way in hell im signing a 2 yr contract on the share plan.  Is there any way to get out of the contract on the other two lines?  Its pure breach of contract in my eyes lose the subsidy of the "new every two," or be forced onto this crap is staying close to the agreement I made with them years ago.  Sprint is looking better and better...not to mention all the work they have planned on the 4g roll out.  Lets see...1500 minutes and unlimited talk and data for 170...that sounds perfect compared to this abortion.  Talk about an epic fail, hopefully people start walking away and big red opens its eyes a bit.  How many users are there on big red?  When is enough enough? 

How can I walk away from my contract?  Not paying 700+ for a phone (i signed up for the new every two for a reason), not taking the 2gb tiered offer in swap for unlimited, and will not sign up for the plan described today.  I hope shammo chokes on a hotdog.

is your contract up on july 7th, or is that when you are eligible for an upgrade? you are eligible for upgrade 20 months into your 2 year contract, so if your contract started July 7 2010, then you would be eligible now and you could renew now with your current plan. if july 7th is your upgrade eligibility daye then your contract isn't actually up until november 7.

0 Likes
oneijose
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read the article earlier and I was really wondering if I was over reacting.  So I decided to come in here to see how every1 was feeling and it seems that the feeling is mutual.  I'm done with VZW.  I don't enjoy paying more for less!!

oldmanmt

Can I move my unused data minutes to the next month? I'm not liking this new plan. I may drop my pre-order

for the S3...dam. I really only need a standard cellphone. I need to keep my cost as it is.

0 Likes
EmagehtmaI
Enthusiast - Level 3

I seriously doubt that they would let you "roll over" any data that you didn't use to the next month.

0 Likes
Jamison44
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I'm piecing together from around the blogosphere is that "corporate accounts" can't use this plan. So for example a small business can't put all their employees on to one plan. But that the personal discounts will still apply. I sent a query to CS to see if they can clarify, but I'm guessing that's what it's about.

0 Likes
Skipper181

Would love to leave. ATT is already planning to do the same and the rest will surely follow.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
Zeebobman

Wow, this is insane.  To get the same service i pay for now (around $70) wuold now cost me a minimum of $110.  Thats >50% price hike for nothing additional. 

their last idiotic idea from a few weeks ago was smarter than this. 

0 Likes
WZS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zeebobman wrote:

Wow, this is insane.  To get the same service i pay for now (around $70) wuold now cost me a minimum of $110.  Thats >50% price hike for nothing additional. 

their last idiotic idea from a few weeks ago was smarter than this. 

It's worse than nothing additional, it's something less. Not only does the new model charge more for less but it punishes existing loyal customers. It's bad enough that we have to pay a $30 "upgrade fee" just for having the gall to renew a contract, now we get to give up our data plans and pay more for the privilege.

0 Likes