Verizon Plan from UNLIMITED TALK & TEXT 2GB with Edge
NavyGuy2007

So I see the new Verizon Plan and am thinking about switching but I want to make sure I understand what I would be paying first. I am currently paying ~97 a month including the Edge payment. Say for example I went with the 6gb, that would be $60 a month, plus the $37 for the phone, and an additional $20 access so a total of $117?

On another note what is a line charge anyways? If you are already pay for a plan why are they then charging you again to access that plan, seams like double dipping to me....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Plan from UNLIMITED TALK & TEXT 2GB with Edge
Snn5
Legend

A line charge is access.  Then you pay for data.  So, $20 + $60 plus phone payment.  If you are on contract still then the line is $40.  It's always been there.    There have been several plan price reductions in the past year or so.  To get what you have now you'd pay $20 + $45 for 3GB (since there is no 2GB plan anymore) $65 + phone payment.  (plus taxes/fees)

NavyGuy2007

I can see it for additional lines but for just one it seams like double dipping to me.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, you have a line charge for access to the network.  You have a separate charge for data.  There are lines that are data only, others that are voice/text only.  Same thing happens with your power company:  you pay a flat amount every month just to have a working connection at the pole to your house mast.  Then you pay for however much power you consume.

0 Likes