Verizon Online Chat - Questionable Sales Reps
Yaemish

I am very disappointed with the "Chat Now" service on the Verizon Wireless site.  This evening I was attempting to upgrade my plan and had the unfortunate experience of chatting with two separate sales representatives.

My friend recently renewed his unlimited contract to one with 6GB of data at his original unlimited rate.  He did not do Edge and was able to purchase a fully subsidized phone.  I saw a print out of his receipt and he showed me his account.  I can 100% confirm that he has a plan not offered on the site.

I explained his deal to the first online rep.  This rep was confident that I could get the same plan.  I would have to first sign up for a 2GB plan, then share the order confirmation number so that he could modify it for 6GB at my current rate.  He was very insistent that I order tonight, as this deal would only be available at the present time.

I was disconnected from the chat session and started a new one.  The second rep that I spoke to told me that this "deal" for 6GB was outside their capabilities and that I could only sign up for what was available on the Verizon web site.  Upon further investigation I found that the "Live Chat" was an outsourced firm and I can only assume that the representatives operate on commission and the original rep knew full well that I would not be able to get the deal that was promised. Additionally, the second sale rep requested my account password for "confirmation" ; to which I refused. He then requested the last four digits of my social security number for confirmation.  I erroneously provided the wrong number, yet it somehow worked as confirmation.

How is it that Verizon Wireless condones this?  A more naive customer could have possibly provided their entire social security number and fell victim of identity fraud.  Outsourced or not, this third party acts on behalf of Verizon Wireless. I am incredibly dissatisfied and will likely switch service providers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Online Chat - Questionable Sales Reps
Not applicable

These outsourced people work for verizon wireless and lets be honest many fortune 500 companies do the same.

Your account password is your last 4 digits of your social security number. They don't at their level have your full number.

You can also call customer service and change your account code to something else.

If your concern was identity theft I would not use a browsers chat feature. I would have either went to a corporate store or a phone call not over a wireless connection.

One hand never knows what the other is doing. So getting wrong information is the norm at these types of companies.

Good Luck

0 Likes