Re: Verizon Nixxes FoxFi
msims1985
Enthusiast - Level 3

I plan to double my data usage this month. Its MY data to do what I want, I paid for unlimited so I am technically using the data from my cell phone no matter what device I use.

Screenshot_2015-11-23-12-16-30.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You do realize tethered usage reports from the device using the data (alternate device), not the device accessing the data (phone) right?  If you use a desktop then the report shows a full desktop browser, even masking the source will show a hybrid mobile/desktop access, and if you tried to use a desktop with a masked mobile profile all you would get would be the stripped down un-optimized mobile version.  These are examples, but also ways that Verizon can terminate you with rather large fees.  Plus, the more you threaten to abuse the service, the more people who dislike you, and also, great job posting that threat on a public forum monitored by Verizon.

msims1985
Enthusiast - Level 3

Monitored by Verizon? Do you realize Verizon already knows what is going on with my phone, not because its posted on a forum. Ive also contacted the FCC as Verizon has been in hot water for this in the past.

0 Likes
segordon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try living in rural areas where your Internet connection is only 4Mbps. And that's when everything is working great. THAT'S WHY WE [removed] ABOUT VERIZON MESSING WITH OUR DATA.

Profanity removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rules for 700c state that payment is not required. That agreement with the FCC regsrding tethering was brought to be due to a stink some made regarding the $30 tethering fee. Some used this rule to contest the $30 fee only after Verizon ended unlimited data. The only thing Verizon can do is disconnect a line for major abuse (meaning torrents or hundreds of gigabytes of data) of the unlimited data, or phase out the unlimited data plan through a change of terms and ending the grandfather agreement.

They can't go and deliberately boot devices from 700c to AWS1700 or PCS1900 either in an effort to bend these rules, as that would be interference with a 700c device. All they can do is allow the network and devices to balance themselves out and use DPI (which they already do) to restrict Web traffic if unauthorized tethering is detected and the phone is not on 700c.

0 Likes