Verizon Nixxes FoxFi
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Nixxes FoxFi
Not applicable

Only on phones Verizon's sells. Some like the 6P can still use it. I'm glad it's jerks no paying for stuff they should that cause issues. I wish Verizon would kill off unlimited data for good so this isn't even an issue. People with unlimited data and think they should also have unlimited tethering make me sick. Even the supposedly awesome t-mobile doesn't offer that. But if Verizon doesn't give these unlimited data people unlimited everything for $30 then they're supposedly are being ripped off.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Only on phones Verizon's sells. Some like the 6P can still use it. I'm glad it's jerks no paying for stuff they should that cause issues. I wish Verizon would kill off unlimited data for good so this isn't even an issue. People with unlimited data and think they should also have unlimited tethering make me sick. Even the supposedly awesome t-mobile doesn't offer that. But if Verizon doesn't give these unlimited data people unlimited everything for $30 then they're supposedly are being ripped off.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are some users reporting that Tethering requires changes to the underlying software on the new Nexus phones in order to work. I suspect something a bit more than just a software update is amiss. Some of the handsets being reported as "not working" haven't seen software updates in several months. Likely this has something to do with Google's and Verizon's past involvement back in 2012, and Google's Play Services software update on the 19th has something to do with this since it brought a number of API updates.

If Verizon can be proven to be at fault here, I'm happy to re-open the case with the FCC regarding Verizon's 700c spectrum. Verizon can moan and pout all the want, in addition to waiving the ToS. If a customer is on 700c and wants to tether, the spectrum license rules they cannot impede a user's desire to do so, so long as they're not doing things like torrenting illegal content or intentionally trying to degrade the network. Verizon also cannot throttle such activity. Verizon can do whatever they wish to do including block unauthorized tethering for any phone connected to the AWS, PCS, or 3G spectrum, as that spectrum does not abide by any of these rules. Verizon can also boot off the extremely heavy users (think similar to T-Mobile's 2TB/m users) no matter the spectrum being used.

If proof of Verizon involvement for this issue, notify the FCC. This will be one of several incidents Verizon has run across which involves their 700c block directly or indirectly. It'll mean money lost in legal fees for Verizon (for the short term - the investors will moan), the 700c license being taken away (super super expensive mistake for Verizon), or fines (money lost). All of which impacts customers far more than just leaving users alone in these specific cases.

0 Likes
onyx823
Enthusiast - Level 1

you sound bitter because you don't have unlimited data.

Not applicable

smith6612 wrote:

If Verizon can be proven to be at fault here, I'm happy to re-open the case with the FCC regarding Verizon's 700c spectrum. Verizon can moan and pout all the want, in addition to waiving the ToS. If a customer is on 700c and wants to tether, the spectrum license rules they cannot impede a user's desire to do so, so long as they're not doing things like torrenting illegal content or intentionally trying to degrade the network. Verizon also cannot throttle such activity. Verizon can do whatever they wish to do including block unauthorized tethering for any phone connected to the AWS, PCS, or 3G spectrum, as that spectrum does not abide by any of these rules. Verizon can also boot off the extremely heavy users (think similar to T-Mobile's 2TB/m users) no matter the spectrum being used.

If proof of Verizon involvement for this issue, notify the FCC. This will be one of several incidents Verizon has run across which involves their 700c block directly or indirectly. It'll mean money lost in legal fees for Verizon (for the short term - the investors will moan), the 700c license being taken away (super super expensive mistake for Verizon), or fines (money lost). All of which impacts customers far more than just leaving users alone in these specific cases.

The FCC already OKed Verizon still charging for tethering on old Nationwide plans. Fact is if you're required to pay for a service and you are using a hack to not pay that is FRAUD and Verizon has a right to stop it.

Not applicable

onyx823 wrote:

you sound bitter because you don't have unlimited data.

Nope just hate people committing fraud and hogging the network. I use under 1 GB a month. I think in 5 years of having a smartphone I've used less than 30 GB total. See I use this new invention called wi-fi.

msims1985
Enthusiast - Level 3

@spfan99Well unfortunately I don't have the ability to use wifi as Verizon is the sole high speed internet provider in my area, my neighbors have it and for some unexplainable reason Verizon will not allow me to purchase high speed so I've been using my cell phone for wifi as I do work from home and need high speed. I've even offered to pay whatever the cost is to get high speed they always say they will give me a call back and no one ever does. So this is why I use FoxFi! Unlimited is exactly what it says, unlimited, so why punish users for a service that you sold to them? How are we jersk? We paid for unlimited, you sound a little upset you only can use 1gb per month. I use that in a day or so and now due to this I will be using as much data as possible. Every streaming app I have will be ran constantly! I hate Verizon, I can't wait until another provider comes along with the same services, Im going to drop them!

Not applicable

msims1985 wrote:

@spfan99Well unfortunately I don't have the ability to use wifi as Verizon is the sole high speed internet provider in my area, my neighbors have it and for some unexplainable reason Verizon will not allow me to purchase high speed so I've been using my cell phone for wifi as I do work from home and need high speed. I've even offered to pay whatever the cost is to get high speed they always say they will give me a call back and no one ever does. So this is why I use FoxFi! Unlimited is exactly what it says, unlimited, so why punish users for a service that you sold to them? How are we jersk? We paid for unlimited, you sound a little upset you only can use 1gb per month. I use that in a day or so and now due to this I will be using as much data as possible. Every streaming app I have will be ran constantly! I hate Verizon, I can't wait until another provider comes along with the same services, Im going to drop them!

That's not Verizon's problem that cable and DSL refuse to offer service in your area. You pay for unlimited data ON YOUR PHONE. Not even T-Mobile offers unlimited tethering. You get 14 GB. Sprint only offers 6 GB. If you want tethering on your phone the PAY for it. It's $30 and unlike T-Mobile and Sprint it is unlimited. Frankly Verizon shouldn't even allow that, but they do. Also I'm pretty sure you can get satellite internet so you DO have other options.

0 Likes
msims1985
Enthusiast - Level 3

What don't you understand about UNLIMITED? "Not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent." If it was only allowed on my phone then why even have the software to allow hotspot on the phone? Why are you so butthurt you are restricted to 2gb a month or whatever useless data plan you have. And it is Verizon's fault, they do not want to provide service in my area, they are lazy and not helpful at all. My neighbor lives less than a quarter mile away and are able to use high speed thru the ONLY high speed internet service provider in my area (Verizon). Im sure you would still have an unlimited data plan if you werent too cheap to pay full price for a cell phone, Verizon tricked you into upgrading your phone for $99 and now youre stuck with 2gb per month lol. VERIZON SUCKS!

Snn5
Legend

Please refer to YOUR specific agreement.  There are a few fluctuations in the Unlimited Data Plans formerly offered.  Those on unlimited 3G had no hotspot included, but had unlimited 4G, those with 4G unlimited might have had hotspot included, but I know from my former agreement on 3G/4G unlimited that I could not tether or hotspot.  The agreement stated that only 1 device, the phone, had unlimited data.  Unlimited data for use on that one device is different than unlimited data to use however you want.  Back then, Verizon was in hot water because they blocked certain hotspot apps from the Play Store.  That's about the time FoxFi was becoming a big name.  The FCC ruled that apps could not be blocked, but agreement terms could be adhered too.  IOW, you could access your unlimited data however you wanted, you just couldn't use it outside the terms agreed to.

0 Likes