Highlighted

Verizon Insurance for Huawei Google Nexus 6P??

I will be receiving the new Nexus 6P next month and had a question about insurance.

I currently have Total Equipment Coverage for my current HTC phone.  I am going to put this new phone on my line.  Will I have any issues if I ever needed to make an insurance claim on my phone since its not sold in VZW stores?  The rep I talked with in chat yesterday said my phone would be covered, I just want to make 100% sure she was right.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Insurance for Huawei Google Nexus 6P??

Assurion won't cover this through your Verizon plan. You'll have to purchase Nexus Protect when you order the phone:

https://store.google.com/magazine/nexus_protect

View solution in original post

Leader

I don't believe that. According to the insurance company, (unless things have changed) the phone has to be purchased new on the line it was intended for, and if you get a phone from somewhere else it's not covered. The best place to get the best answer is the insurance company and ask for verification in writing.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

No it has to be in their lineup to be covered.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If you read the terms by Assurion it specifically says has to be a Verizon sold phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Assurion won't cover this through your Verizon plan. You'll have to purchase Nexus Protect when you order the phone:

https://store.google.com/magazine/nexus_protect

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks.  I figured I needed to get Nexus Protect but google wouldnt let me add it to my order and I cancelled my order now and can't reorder because of no stock.

0 Likes
Highlighted

What about Square Trade?  Anyone ever use them for insuring a phone?  I see mention of them a bunch on ebay.

0 Likes
Covid19