Verizon FamilyBase activities captured on report vs. activities on phone
Keewaydin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please tell me why the Verizon FamilyBase service only captures some of the text messages made on my son's phone? 

For instance, the report from Wednesday shows the last text message at 5:21 p.m. but I checked his phone and there were ongoing text messages well into the evening (after 10 p.m.)  I thought the FamilyBase service would identify this activity.  I need this information to monitor how the phone is being utilized. 

Please advise. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon FamilyBase activities captured on report vs. activities on phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Keewaydin, as a parent, I certainly understand the importance of monitoring your son's activities. What type of phones does your son have? If it's an iPhone, the reason you won't be able to see all of the text messages that come through is due to the iMessage feature. The iMessages go through the data network, not the voice network where texts can be monitored. You can turn off iMessages to resolve this issue. Keep us posted. Thanks for reaching out to us!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Verizon FamilyBase activities captured on report vs. activities on phone
Snn5
Legend

It's rare that any Verizon-produced app or service works completely as advertised.  I understand the freeware and bloatware not working correctly, but when people pay for a service, it should work 100% and not partially.  I said no to this service when I was told it was the only way to control app data use.  Im not paying more money to control the flow of data already bought.

0 Likes