Verizon Employee Discount not working?
zifnab06

Hi,

When I put my email in for the employee discount (here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/employee/emaildomainauthentication.jsp), I get an email with a link to activate the discount. When I click the link, I go to a page that says:    

Page is unavailable

The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.

Here's what you can do:

Click your browser's Refresh button to try reconnecting

Check the spelling of the URL to make sure the address is correct (capitalization and punctuation are important) and then click your browser's Refresh button

Enter your work email address for validation

Contact your account manager for a current URL

Shop verizonwireless.com

Is this not working right now? I've tried it about 6 different times and re entered my email to get a new link multiple times.

Thanks,

zifnab06

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Employee Discount not working?
higgieswife

Did you happen to receive a text message on Saturday stating "your verizon wireless account has been updated to reflect your employment affiliation.  A discount will be applied to eligible lines." ?  I received this 1/28 - I've called Verizon and they know nothing about this.  Wondering if this is a hack.  My co-workers also received this text and when they spoke to someone (supervisor) they weren't aware and were going to investigate.  We have always had this discount.  Our benefits rep at our work wasn't even aware. 

0 Likes
zifnab06

Nope. I haven't even been asked for any of my account information, just my work email. I enter the work email, try and click on the link, and it fails with that error I put above.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You DO get an email from Verizon at your work email address, but the confirmation link is not working?  Check to be sure the link doesn't contain an ending period or comma that doesn't belong - and there's always a possibility that something got misspelled in the link (unlikely, but a possibility).  It sounds like things are working as they should, and the final step, to confirm that you do in fact, have that email address, isn't working.

Are you trying to click the link from a computer or from your phone?  I don't know what impact that would have, but I'm curious how you are accessing the work email, and if another way would make a difference.

0 Likes
zifnab06

Correct. There is nothing weird at the end of the link. I've tried clicking the link in Outlook/Outlook Web/Gmail and on my phone. Also tried in firefox/chrome/IE.

0 Likes
mdmogren

I'm currently experiencing the same problem!
Here is a screen shot once I click the link:vzwerror.png

0 Likes
budone
Legend

mdmogren wrote:

How the heck do you insert a screen shot??? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
mdmogren

budone wrote:

mdmogren wrote:

How the heck do you insert a screen shot??? Thanks in advance

Haha it's pretty easy - just paste the screenshot into any photo program (I used MS Paint!) save it - and then insert it in the post as an image (upload the file you saved).

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Thanks for the info. I will try!

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi zifnab06,

I understand the urgency of processing your employee discount, and while I was not able to duplicate the error you encountered when processing your discount, I will like to provide you (and all our forum members) with an easy alternative way to process your employee discount below.

Request employee discount via fax:

Please call our automated employee discount line at 866-456-7892, and select option 1 to request eligibility forms to be faxed to your fax number. Please be sure to listen to the prompts to receive the proper instructions on how to obtain your employee discount. Please complete the employment verification paperwork in its entirety and fax the information back to 800-711-7788 along with proof of employment.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes