Verizon Edge early upgrade miss-leading advertising?
smcdonald2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was looking at my account and it said I was eligible to upgrade early using Edge. I went through the whole process and it gave me the choice to upgrade to the iPhone 6 . When I got to the cart I got a message saying I was no longer eligible. I called customer service and they said that I was only eligible for some random Motorola phone. I find this very miss-leading. Why would it say I was and give me the options of several phones then make me call in to find out I was only eligible for the one type of phone? Very poor service Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge early upgrade miss-leading advertising?
internetfate_net
Enthusiast - Level 3

Early Edge is a promotion. They are subject to change at any time. In the September/October time fram they were only allowing Early Edge to iPhone 6's, now they are only allowing them to Droid Turbo's. Sometimes Verizon will offer Early Edge to any device to a select number of customers but it is often overwritten with a promotion similar to the one you are discussing in this thread. Your best bet is too wait and see if Verizon starts a promotion or incentive during the holiday season.

0 Likes
smcdonald2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

I realize it is a promotion. What I don't agree with is that they say on the web site that you qualify, give you the option for the iPhone 6, give you the pricing plan and options breakdown, get you to the last step when you are going to confirm your order and pop a message up and say... oh just kidding you don't qualify, call this number and find out why. When you call they give you the song and dance that they only phone you qualify for is the Droid Turbo. I am just saying that this seems very deceptive to me and as a loyal customer I don't appreciate being treated this way. That is all.

burkesb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, exactly!

0 Likes