Verizon Edge Upgrade
amandaaebel

When you pay off your device on Verizon Edge, can you keep the device you paid off and just pay the monthly plan, or do you have to upgrade? If you have to upgrade, how much do you pay on the new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge Upgrade
Snn5
Legend

You get to keep the phone once you pay it in full. You can continue on a month to month basis since you have no contract and even take advantage of a $15 or $25 discount depending on your plan, like a More Everything plan with less than 6gb being $15 and 6gb or more being a $25 discount monthly. You can upgrade and trade in the phone for x-amount of value, or sell the phone elsewhere to make some money to go towards an upgrade.  If you pay off the 50, 60, 75% (whichever % as specified in your agreement) you can trade that phone in on an upgrade and begin again.

0 Likes
Androidorapple
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK what if I want to pay off my edge program early but I just started my program 1 week ago. I am paying my device in full 100% so I can give my phone to my fiance. Can I purchase another phone on the spot after paying my device in full and what would I have to pay for my next device or would I sign a brand new agreement and have to put half down again on the price of the phone?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you want to pay off early, you can do so.  You just have to pay it 100% in one payment.  Theoretically you could buy on the spot once the current phone is paid off, but realistically the payment might have to be cleared and the account credited.  Perhaps going in-store you could immediately begin a new device agreement on the spot.  With an established history at this point, you shouldn't have to pay any money down, but you can make as large a down payment as you'd like.

rcschnoor
Legend

I believe you must be in an Edge/Device Payment Program agreement for at least 30 days before you can pay it off.

It seems if you are only 1 week into the agreement and paying it off would in effect be paying ALMOST the full retail price, why not just purchase another phone at the full retail cost up front if you want another phone????

Snn5
Legend

Seems you can now pay off as soon as you want.

• Section 1:  How does Verizon device payments work?

• You can choose to pay the installments over the full period of the term or in a lump sum to pay off the total price at any time.

Device Payment FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Androidorapple
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to give my fiance my phone because I want to get the apple iPhone 6s plus the day it comes out but I want to pay this device off first without opening a new account even with no deposit. So I want both android and apple since I love both phones. I just like to know if I pay off early would I need another big down payment on the new phone too on my early upgrade?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the best deal on a new phone is crucial, Androidorapple. Let's see what you can expect. How long ago did you get your current device? Did you get your current device on the Device Payment Plan?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes