Verizon Discounts
areacode270
Enthusiast - Level 1

After viewing over 10 pages of questions about Verizon Discounts, I am appalled at the confusion about Verizon discounts.  Surely there is a website or a section of Verizon's site that gives specifics about discounts.  We need to know:  What discounts are offered i.e. military discounts, employee discounts (what companies have agreements?), employer discounts (what employers have agreements?), AARP, unions (which unions), AAA, etc.  Please list the discounts offered by Verizon and there won't be so much confusion.  We may be eligible for a discount we did not even know about.  Why be so secret about it?   If Verizon offers discounts to their customers, let us know about them.  I am retired and have no employer right now.  Am I eligible for a discount through AARP, or perhaps through one of the unions I belong to??  Geeeeeeez why make this so difficult??

>>Subject line shortened<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Discounts
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Let's make sure to clear up any confusion, areacode270. We absolutely want our customers to get any discount possible through their current employer. Although the discount is offered to your Verizon Wireless service, the discount is actually a result of each individual company's agreement with us, which can change anytime. HR departments usually have a list of discounts their employees may be able to receive. Customers can also visit www.vzw.com/discounts to enter an employee email address or submit a paystub to see if a discount is offered. Most discounts do require you to be a current employee. There is no AARP membership discount, but what company did you retire from? Were you ever in the military? We're not hiding any secrets and would be happy to see if there's a discount offered to you.

Thank you

KathyH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is up to those individual companies or associations to list the discounts available to their employees or members. It isn't the responsibility of Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Yes, I am guessing that those companies don't want their private contractual agreements with another company to be splayed out across the internet.

0 Likes
liltj

How do i cancel my plan and don't have a cellphone at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello liltj!

I don't want you to even think about leaving us! What's making you consider this? Please share some details with me, I'd love to change your mind!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Let's make sure to clear up any confusion, areacode270. We absolutely want our customers to get any discount possible through their current employer. Although the discount is offered to your Verizon Wireless service, the discount is actually a result of each individual company's agreement with us, which can change anytime. HR departments usually have a list of discounts their employees may be able to receive. Customers can also visit www.vzw.com/discounts to enter an employee email address or submit a paystub to see if a discount is offered. Most discounts do require you to be a current employee. There is no AARP membership discount, but what company did you retire from? Were you ever in the military? We're not hiding any secrets and would be happy to see if there's a discount offered to you.

Thank you

KathyH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

Ricardo_Cardoza

Why only a discount on phone access and not the whole bill? Why does government discount only apply to certain accessories and not all?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

It all depends upon how the discount agreement was set up with the employers.  They are all different.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I just found out my discount only applied to the grandfathered unlimited data plan, not the 2GB plan I now have after upgrading, which makes no sense.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

areacode270 wrote:

...  After viewing over 10 pages of questions about Verizon Discounts, I am appalled at the confusion about Verizon discounts.  ... Please list the discounts offered by Verizon and there won't be so much confusion.

Not to add to your confusion, but the discounts are not "offered by Verizon" - the discounts are negotiated by companies and organizations for their employees and members, and you need to contact those agencies to find out the specifics of the discount.

0 Likes