Verizon Customer Service
watejame
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is Verizon Customer Service so terrible?  I switched to Verizon because they offered better coverage.  If I had known that I would be treated like this I would never have switched.  I can not wait until my contract with them is over and I can go back to my old carrier.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Customer Service
ksides
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can relate. We came from Alltel and wish we had never left. Since day one it has been a nightmare and now 2 years later still a nightmare. One issue after another. Our bill is higher than we ever agreed to, they shipped us broken cells when we ordered them the first time and since then had to replace them about 5 times for me and 3 for a few of the others. I have yet to get my upgrade but have been treated like a fool and called a liar, cussed and talked to like a dog and my bill paying brought up constantly even if I just paid it.

RUDE is am understatement of these company more than half of them have no clue the others are just cruel, rude fools that think we owe them our business. I do not get how they can cancel us but we have to take that abuse and fraud that they do to us. Bad service, products and just bad all around everything!!

Not one thing is good about this place, shady dealings when trading in demanding you buy other items to get your upgrade in the stores, refusing upgrades until the bill is paid even if not late. It is extortion is what it is.

I have never seen such bad business practice yet they are still in business. I have stopped using them as of last week after I tried to upgrade after a huge hassle due to them losing my upgrade. I ordered a cell was charged for it, it was canceled,then charged me again both times $420 no cell was sent. The cash was held for 2 weeks and when refunded not all was given back to me. I still have no phone from them. I just decided to warranty out the broken cell I was sent by them to me ( it was the 5th one an iphone4s). After another week of being called a liar, on the cell hashing out the issue to get a cell upgrade and just being beat down I decided to go elsewhere. I did. I am now being billed for that warranty cell.A broke cell that was noted to be broken the day it came to me and requested to be replaced then 4 months ago but never replaced. When i called to ask why I was being charged I am told it had water damage. funny since it was always in a lifeproof case, which protects the cell. I get a bill and they dent removal of the bill saying I must have damaged the cell. I mean come on really? I have already been billed for service I DIDN'T get, my spouse did not get the work discount and they refused to back date it, no credits for issues on lines, and now they will not give us credit for the contract time left. Total crooks and fraud behavior. I filed claims and complaints with the FCC but the REP with Verizon makes enough contact to comply. What a joke.

I say run while you can cause not matter when you leave they will get you with fees somehow.

firedoc82009
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can relate. Reason on right now is trying to find out how to file a complaint and cancel our service. But they do not even make that easy.

Not applicable

800-922-0204 simple to just tell them to cancel your service. However if under contract there will be early termination fees and the last months service to pay.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you had to deal with such an ordeal ksides. I know this entire situation is frustrating and I'm sorry you're no longer with us. We would love to work on mending this relationship with you by resolving some of the account issues you're having so that you can come back to us. Did you receive pictures of the water damaged device? What issues were you having with adding the discount? Lets start here with those two issues then we can discuss coming back soon so you don't have to pay the termination fee's. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
watejame
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the problem..Verizon says that they want to mend issues and get you back into the store just to make you feel like an idiot.  They have had me drive 90 miles each way to a store 4 times now so that I could get my phone replaced and each time I get a different story as to why I am going to be charged full retail.  I cant afford full retail especially when my phone is under warranty and all I am wanting is my phone fixed or replaced.  Once Verizon finds out you are wanting them to replace an item instead of them selling you something you are treated very rude.  It is terrible customer service and I am fed up.  Unfortunately I still have quite sometime left on my contract with this greedy corporation.  I can promise you this.  I am very influential with my company and my advertisement for Verizon will not be good unless they fix my phone.  If they think it is worth the cost of a phone to cause hundreds of people to choose another carrier so be it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

watejame we aim to provide superb service because our customers are our top priority! I regret to hear that you haven't received the service that you deserve since joining the Verizon Wireless family, but we look to turn things around moving forward! We definitely do not want to lose your business and are here to help! Fill us in on the details, what is causing you to feel this way?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
theolingers

I want to be taken off the comunity site...I do NOT want to get all these e-mails on my mail address!!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

theolingers wrote:

I do NOT want to get all these e-mails on my mail address!!!

Then you need to change your preferences using the drop-down at the top right of the page next to your user name.

0 Likes
watejame
Enthusiast - Level 2

The details are that I have been complaining to Verizon that my phone was heating up and I would have to constantly restart the device.  I made several trips to Verizon being that my device was only three months old at the time that it first started malfunctioning.  They continued to tell me that this was wrong and I needed to replace the battery ( at my expense of course ) and then they said it was the sim card again replaced at my expense.  None of which were the issues.  I was using my phone in December and it got so hot while it was in use that it nearly burnt my ear and then hundreds of internal cracks appeared inside of the display and now my phone does not work.  I went to Verizon they said its not their problem.  What an answer by professionals wow.  I have been communicating directly with Samsung and apparently this is an ongoing issue with this particular device ( the overheating ).  So I am trying to get my phone replaced.  I have even offered to pay full retail for the Note 3 if they will allow me to do the edge plan but they will not.  Who has enough extra money to pay 700-800 for a new phone?  I dont.  I am not asking for anything that I do not deserve.  I am just asking for my phone.

0 Likes