Verizon Customer Service giving me the runaround for months
JACABU37
Enthusiast - Level 1

I joined Verizon in December of 2016 and the promotion was a free iPhone 7.  Effrain [Removed] the Verizon phone sales representative said that I will have to pay for the phone installments the first 3 billing cycles and then I would get reimbursed.  He also said that I qualified for the NYC promotion that included Verizon paying for my last cell phone bill prior to joining Verizon without having to give Verizon my old phone.  After the 3rd billing cycle, I realized that I was still paying for the iPhone so I contacted Verizon on several occasions and spent at least 20 hours over the course of months with multiple managers.  All the managers acknowledged that Verizon made an error inputting the promotion and promised to fix it for me within a few days.  They sent "escalated forms", gave me their personal cell numbers and email addresses but never called me back or responded to my emails or texts.  It is getting very humiliating and annoying to keep calling and getting lied to. I even emailed Effrain [Removed] and he promised to talk to his supervisor and fix the error but he never did.  The managers that I spoke with said that only Effrain [Removed] supervisor can fix this issue and that they contacted him.  I left a cell phone provider that I was with for 10 years, I always paid on time and their customer service was very respectful and never lied to me.  I have been with Verizon Wireless for 5 months now and have spent maybe 40 hours calling them and asking them to fix several billing issues for which they resolved some but ignored the others.  How can I get this issue resolved ASAP? I have a full time job and other responsibilities and don't have time to keep calling Verizon about the same issue.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer Service giving me the runaround for months
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JACABU37, this is alarming to hear as you deserve only the best in customer service from us. Please accept my biggest apology as you should never feel humiliated by us. I truly appreciate all the time and effort you have put forth to get this issue resolved. Help is here as I want you to love your decision in making Verizon Wireless your cell phone provided. Your time is very important to me so let's get started. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JACABU37
Enthusiast - Level 1

You sent me a private message asking for my number and pin and a promise to get back to me and resolve the billing issue.  I provided the infromation immediately and I sent a status request and I am being ignored again by Verizon.  This is what I meant by humilation.  You promised a free iPhone, I left my previous provider and now you are not keeping any of your promises.  What's annoying is that if I refuse to continue paying for the phone you guys will ruin my credit.  So you basically have all the cards in your hand and are taking full advantage.  If I owed you money you would charge me late fees and ruin my credit but you've owed me a lot of money since december and that number keeps increasing every month and you don't have a care in the world.  Unfair and really unprofessional.  Can't wait to get out and also leave fios after my contract is over.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JACABU37, we hope that you reconsider your decision to leave and allow us to continue as your wireless provider. I was unable to retrieve that private message to further assist you. Can you please send it again?

We want to make sure that you take full advantage of this promotional offer. For a limited time, you could get up to get up to $650 when you get out of your old contract, trade in your old phone and buy a new device on device payment. Did you complete the online submission for this offer here? www.verizonwireless.com/switch  Additionally, you have to trade in your devices within 45 days of activating your new service on our network and submit your final bill within 60 days of starting service with us. Did you complete all of these steps? Have you contacted our promotions team directly by phone at 844-408-8470 to check the status of your submission?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes