Re: Verizon Complaint - Harassment, Lack of Customer Service, No Loyalty
Not applicable

Actually they called his wifes line and not his. A two line account and they called the secondary number. They also called and texted continuously over five times a day. Telephone harassment at its best. Yep when I call in for anything they ask for the account code but I have not needed service of any kind in years.

Since you and I don't get billing calls (I know I never do will assume you don't either) we don't know what the automated dunning calls say, let alone those text messages Verizon sends. We can only guess.

In any case they should not auto dial, there should be a live person on the line to assist when they call you, they should only call the number you designate and they should not use telephone harassment to get that invoice paid. No spin is going to make that not so.

Also the original poster asked "What if a child answered that call"? Let alone he said his wife received it. His wife should not have received it. Only he should. I have read when people call in to that financial office it just does automated whatever to dunn you into either pay the bill now, or when will you pay. How to speak to a live person is a big guess on me. Thank god I don't have to go through that.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

In any case they should not auto dial, there should be a live person on the line to assist when they call you, they should only call the number you designate and they should not use telephone harassment to get that invoice paid. No spin is going to make that not so.

I have NEVER disagreed with any of this. I'm not sure why you consider agreeing with these facts to be "spin"?

Not really sure why you keep bringing up things with which we agree?

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

I have had this exact conversation with customer service. The way it was explained to me, it now that there is no primary number assigned to accounts any longer, the auto dialier for billing, etc, is that the first number in numerical order is the one that's called. In my case that's my husbands, yet my number is the account owner.

0 Likes
Not applicable

"ALL I had to say was directed solely to the fact that calls to any and/or all phones on the account can be considered as a call to the account owner, nothing more".

Your portion you wrote above is what I am referring as spin. They (Verizon) does not have the right to contact every phone on the account. And they must speak directly to the account owner, not the wife or kids.

And yes we agree on everything else.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

And yes we agree on everything else.

Good.

Elector wrote:

They (Verizon) does not have the right to contact every phone on the account. And they must speak directly to the account owner, not the wife or kids.

Actually, we have never even disagreed on this. Some would say to keep bringing it up would be equivalent to "spinning" something away from the point of disagreement.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Harassment - Complaint
zillagod

I can appreciate your situation and couldn't agree more that customer service, especially in the telecom world, is long since dead. Another option to complain is through the FCC here: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints. You are right in stating the only avenue to teach the cell/internet providers that we customers will no longer stand for their poor customer service is to find another company to send our hard earned money too and to use all complaint options available. Good luck and please follow through!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Harassment - Complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JesseL123,

Thank you for following up! I can certainly appreciate and understand your perspective as a fellow consumer and Verizon Wireless customer. I have forwarded your feedback to leadership to provide some insight into a genuine customer concern. Thank you for your time.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
margo63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same problem with Verizon.  Been with them since back when it was Alltell which is years and years.  They suspended my service for owing them less than $50.  I'm getting a different carrier when my contract  ends and also when my 2 kids' contracts end.  Verizon is also too expensive and they don't care about their loyal customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello margo63, the last thing we would want is to lose you as a customer with us. Your loyalty is truly appreciated. What plan are you currently on & how many lines? We'd like to find the best plan to fit your usage.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
15DigitNumber

I have had similar issues!  My credit card on file was changed due to that Target security leak last holiday season, and Verizon Wireless kept calling while I was out of the country.  Now I'm "not eligible" to even use the automatic billing with the new card - I'm cut off apparently.  Ugh. 

I too got directed to this silly forum to complain.  But I enjoyed your story...   

0 Likes