Verizon Cloud
SaStout87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to reset my phone back to factory setting. Upon turning it back on I was able to restore a tiny fraction of the text messages. The thing is I'm not done with restoring lost data saved to the cloud but I'm not able to utilize the cloud. I keep receiving the message that I can't connect to Verizon cloud. Help me

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SaStout87,

Let's make sure we get your device and Cloud back in business today. What model phone are you using? Was there an issue occurring which prompted the factory reset? Are you connected to mobile data or WiFi when restoring from the Cloud? Please share a few more details so we can help find a resolution today. Thank you.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

SaStout87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Motorola MotoX. The factory reset was done in my own stupidity since i couldn't replicate the proper pattern and in turn it went to factory reset. Yes i am using wifi connection.

More and the cloud restoration.

During restoring the text messages back to the phone. It says "restoration failed." Which is interesting because it will download/restore up to 100 text messages before showing restoration failed. I've been able to restore all other aspects (documents, call history, photos, contacts, and such). I'm curious if the text messages take up too much space. If so is there a way I can manipulate which texts are restored so I just have the most recent texts? Since its trying to download texts from a year ago first (which does me no good)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seth, It has to be a huge inconvenince losing important test messages. Since text messages have been stored for a year or more then you will need to manually delete the text which you do not need. This would need to be a significant amount in order for the restoration to work properly.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes