Verizon Cloud - texts and call log
OLOL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and an HTC One. I can back up photos, videos, contacts and other documents onto Verizon Cloud, but I don't see my texts or call log.  Are these phones not compatible with the cloud for texts and calls?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud - texts and call log
njmagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Think of it as a sync instead of a backup which is a little different than media.   Verizon Cloud will sync your call logs & txt messages to the cloud based on whatever that list of items looks like at the time of the backup.  So, if you delete a call log/textmessage, when the cloud does it's next backup, it will reflect those deletions.  This is different than the way media is handled.  Media is a backup in the sense if you delete media from your phone, it will remain in the cloud until you delete it from the cloud.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OLOL, I am sorry that you are having some issues with the Verizon Cloud application. Your device would most certainly capable of backing up the text messages, so no worries there. When attempting the back up are you receiving a specific error message? Have you been able to check to ensure within the application that the messages option is checked?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

z00y0rknyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happened to me? Just the service #to contact Verizon back up.

0 Likes
Kayla14

Verizon messages

0 Likes
OLOL
Enthusiast - Level 1

No error message. I've checked to make sure the settings on my phone have texts and call logs checked off to sync with the cloud. But I can't see them on the cloud on my desktop.

0 Likes
willrobe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  The cloud shows that I have successfully backed up 2282 messages and 517 call logs, but It does not display any of them on the phone and I can't figure out how to look at them on computer either.  How do you browse thru the the messages and call logs you have backed up.  Also, how do you delete them if you no longer want them saved on the cloud.  This feature is also not on the phone app.   thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is just a post away willrobe! May I ask what info are you able to see on your cloud? What model device do you have? As you share the details then we can take a look.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
willrobe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  Just media categories and contacts.  The messages and call logs have categories on the phone, but can't see records.  On a computer, I don't event see categories for the messages and call logs.  Using the LG G3

0 Likes
njmagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Text and call logs do not have 'views' like photos, videos and music, it is a backup & restore only function.   You could try restoring them if you want to see them using the Restore function under tools but that will download it to your device again, most likely putting back some calls/text messages you have deleted so you would have to delete again.

If it is saying it backed up that many calls/txts, you probably won't know for sure until you try to restore it to a phone (new or current).

0 Likes
njmagic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Think of it as a sync instead of a backup which is a little different than media.   Verizon Cloud will sync your call logs & txt messages to the cloud based on whatever that list of items looks like at the time of the backup.  So, if you delete a call log/textmessage, when the cloud does it's next backup, it will reflect those deletions.  This is different than the way media is handled.  Media is a backup in the sense if you delete media from your phone, it will remain in the cloud until you delete it from the cloud.