Verizon Charging me for "un"returned phone
rgmcandrew
Enthusiast - Level 1

I added a line and upgraded during the pre-order of the S10's. One of the lines I upgraded, We decided to return the phone instead of buying it out. An iPhone 8 Plus, Owed $299. 

We ordered the phones on the 5th of March, received them on the 9th or 10th. I did exactly as the return package said, Put the phone in the box, Taped it AT the UPS Store, Slapped the label on, they weighed it, got my receipt and left. I received a text saying they haven't received it yet, checked the tracking and it was in transit so I ignored it.

Received another text saying they hadn't received it, checked the tracking and said it was delivered. Thought, Ok, they haven't processed it yet...Ignored it. Then I was charged on my bill the $299 for this phone, so I called in and provided the tracking number to the rep. It was delivered to their Fort Worth location on 3/20/19.

The rep said he would investigate it, it would come off and I should be fine. A couple weeks later go by and still hadn't come off, so I called in again. Same thing, said I would see the credit on my next bill. Also asked me for the tracking number again, so I gave it to them...again. We're around Late April at this point.

Today, My new bill generated and guess what...no credit for the phone. So I called in again...this time they told me they received the box but it was empty...LOL what? They said there is nothing they can do other than treat this as a insurance claim..where I pay the $199 deductible and they'll credit the rest. Nope...not doing that. This is not my fault. Phone was in the box, the weight of the box matches that of the iphone 8 and what a small box should weigh...Tracking said delivered...I have the receipt with the weight....

They want my to file a claim and told me that UPS probably wouldn't do anything. But UPS says since I am not the purchaser of the label (it was pre-paid) Verizon will need to file the claim. After some googling, apparentley this is a common issue at their Fort Worth return location.

No issues with verizon in 2 years til this. I will be filing a complain with the BBB and FTC unless they take ownership and get this taken care of. I will also be switching to a different carrier. This is ridiculous.

Re: Verizon Charging me for "un"returned phone
av8shunmeckaneck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have exactly the same situation. I packaged the old phone for return. I brought the package to the UPS store. Tracking shows Verizon received it a couple days later. We started getting messages that the old phone hadn't been returned yet, reminding us to return it. We called Verizon with the tracking info and were told it was received but hasn't been evaluated yet. Another week goes by and start getting more messages about the phone not being received. Called again and got the same stall tactic that the phone hasn't been evaluated yet. Another week has gone by, which is now past the window for return of the old phone for credit, and Verizon threatening to not issue the credit again. I called Verizon today to find out why they still haven't evaluated the phone and issued the credit. Suddenly today they have it in their records that the box was received EMPTY! Empty my butt. I asked her why they hadn't mentioned an empty box when we had previously contacted them. Her ridiculous answer was that she 'did some extra investigating, the other CSR's just didn't dig enough'. That is the biggest garbage answer I have ever heard! Then she put me on hold to talk to UPS to file a claim. When she came back, I asked for the claim number. She said they don't have a claim number yet and that I will be notified when they do. garbage again! She said she was going to put the credit on a payment plan so that I wont get charged for it. I asked her to clarify 'payment plan' and she just assured me that it was just to make sure I don't have to worry about it till the investigation is done. 

Funny thing is, I didn't have to look far to find so many reports of the same situation.

The lies they make up to cover for not knowing where the phone went is mind boggling. 

And to cap it off today, the CSR told me I would have to chance complete a survey after the call....which she proceeded to ask me during the call. 

Good thing is, now a days Verizon charges month to month for service and paying off the device. I can quit at any time and only pay the remainder on my phones. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would not want to see you leave us, and we apologize for the ordeal you went through. It's our priority that we provide you with precise information regarding the status of the device that you returned so that we can turn these feelings around. We've sent a private message to continue assisting you.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Najarro

Hoy llevo meses con un teléfono robado y la compañía que do q me lo de volverían si canse lava lo atrasado que estaba lo ideal luego llame y me dijeron. Q me llamarían en una hora nunca lo y tuve que llamar de nuevo yo y ahora estoy esperando a ver si me arreglan el teléfono y sólo ha sido una tira tira tira una tristeza saber que se comportan así después de todo uno les paga y todo pues ellos no quieren devolver el teléfono y responsable y el servicio que tienen en la noche

0 Likes
OCSARAH185
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the exact same situation. Was this ever resolved? 

GinaMcNamara
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also experiencing this situation!! It is beyond frustrating. I am going to allow Verizon the chance to make this right, but if they do not, I will take action on my end. I have been with the company for almost 7 years. I do not want to leave, but I will....

I have spoken to several different representatives trying to come up with a resolution just to get the runaround. I've received incorrect contact information (fax and mail address) for an "executive relations" team, have been given the run around several times; seems like everyone just wants to pass the buck onto someone else.

If Verizon cannot make this right, I will be obtaining a lawyer and will be going to the media with this. It is evident that I am not the only victim of this!!! If I do have to obtain legal counsel, I will be posting all over social media for those of us who were impacted to join me. Additionally, I will be filing every complaint possible.

This is wrong. Nearly $1200 charged to me for a phone that I returned! This is absurd. 

One of the representatives was kind enough to place a collections stop on my account for a month or two - he never confirmed, but really?!?! 

Nobody will assist me. I am supposed to get a call from someone in 24 hours. We will see how that goes. Never got one the last time I requested it!

Verizon - someone needs to contact me immediately and remove this charge. Your phone was returned to you. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you as our customer GinaMcNamara and would never want to see you leave. We always want to ensure the charges on your bill are correct. Were you able to receive the assistance you needed during the callback? If you still have additional questions, please send us a Private Note so we can further assist. 

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
marc3702
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me at the same timeframe.

j1906j
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact thing is happening to me right now! And I have been with Verizon for over 20 years!!!! 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes