VZW is going upon the "NEW" plan all wrong.
HCM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday I was browsing yahoo news when I came across the following link explaining how verizon is ditching all phone plans and going with a "share" plan:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/verizon-ditch-phone-plans-shared-120639203.html;_ylc=X3oDMTNuNHFucTkyB...

In how many ways can I disagree with how they went upon this. I have been a customer of Verizon for years now and have been grandfathered in with unlimited data. My 2 year upgrade came up last month and have been holding out for the iphone 5. Well, after reading my options as a customer with unlimited data, I'm pissed. They basically are forcing me to get with their new plan, which I DO NOT WANT!!! It's only me on my plan and dont want to change... Most people say to get the lowest data package because you really dont need that much but why should I have to. If I don't hurry and upgrade by the 28th I will lose my 2 year discount. Basically I can switch plans or keep my original one. With once "small" exception... That I lose my 2 year upgrade and have to pay full price for any phone. What kind of bull crap is that? Nobody can afford full price everytime they want a new phone unless they are rich, so they give me no option but to switch. Nobody likes to feel as though they are being pushed into a corner and with this, I feel like I am. Verizon never notified me of this, so because I was lucky enough to read this in the news in my busy day, I will hurry and upgrade and keep my plan, and not worry about the plan switch until after my two years is up. I'm dissappointed in verizon, you guys could have notified your loyal customers instead of leaving us in the dust the way you did. Two thumbs down on you for treating us this way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW is going upon the "NEW" plan all wrong.
alcid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another option is to go with with Sprint that still does offer unlimited data for a lot less than VZ.

0 Likes
Duogen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Or just buy the Iphone 5 out right and keep your grandfathered account. I also dont know if it is confirmed they are removing single plans like the 900 minute 30$ 2gb plans for the non family accounts. If you could provide proof they are removing that it may help your argument.

Every company is going to this. You can complain all you want, but you as a consumer obviously don't understand much about the Internet world. Your not expected to sadly, as most of the population. To run all this awesome cool high speed phones, it takes millions of dollars of equipment. 1 piece of equipment probably costs more than you may make in your life time. Yes, this company is for profit. They raise their prices to make profit. Their bills are getting higher just as yours.

notarep
Contributor - Level 3

You can keep your current price plan and upgrade without moving to the new one. You do not lose your two upgrade, you just have to pay full price for a phone to keep your unlimited.

0 Likes
Duogen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would also like to add, selling your current Smart phone can yield a good amount of money, usually 200+. Iphone 4 can be sold for 350, the 4S 450. Put that down on your new upgrade (say iphone 5 @ 649) 650 - 450 = 200$ Which comes out to the same as if you signed another 2 year contract. Give or take 50 - 100 bucks (depends how fast you want to sell). So ya it may cost a little bit more, but in the end it wont.

So you dont have to be rich to upgrade every two years, hell now that your not bound to a contract you could upgrade every year, just sell your last phone.

0 Likes