Re: VW are LIARS!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Formerverizon wrote:

So you're saying they should be able to just charge customers for services they did not use? $240? Right! Also, when I spoke to a rep the 1st time she said it would be credited back FULL AMOUNT. She lied because they only credited me $50 total and the lady today said that's the best they can do. LIARS! Caught them in about 4 lies as the convo went on as well.

They should be able to charge you for whatever you're willing to blindly pay. You did not do your due diligence and look at your bill so you missed the anomaly. How is that Verizon's fault?

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

777Girard wrote:

Bottom Line:  Until customers take legal action against Verizon or their coverage monopoly ends they will get away with this dishonest, at best, behavior.

While I am not a lawyer and I do not want to have a debate with you, I disagree with your use of monopoly.

noun

1. 1.

the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.

There are plenty of other choices for cellular service. Verizon Wireless does not have a monopoly.

777Girard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon does have a monopoly in many areas of the United States, I am around 50 miles north of Boston and the other carriers signals are poor compared to Verizon. So if you want reliable and decent coverage you only have Verizon to choose from. T-Mobile is only decent in urban areas for the most part in the Northeast.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The greater Boston area is well covered by Virgin, t- mobile and ATT, I  never had any problem and I've been north, south and west of Boston area with Verizon.  

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

777Girard wrote:

Verizon does have a monopoly in many areas of the United States, I am around 50 miles north of Boston and the other carriers signals are poor compared to Verizon. So if you want reliable and decent coverage you only have Verizon to choose from. T-Mobile is only decent in urban areas for the most part in the Northeast.

No Verizon has better coverage. That is hardly a monopoly.

Finley_A

I Also have spoken to no less than 5 reps in just as many days, and was told prices and offered plans that turned out to be false. Verizon as a corp clearly does not train their support staff correctly and the reps in technical support who are trying to sell me plans that do not exist have no business being sales reps in general.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Finley.A

if you want the straight scoop, either use the website, or ask here.  Or both.  Those of us with Verizon experience still find some information is lacking.

jackje03

It is egregious how bad the customer service is.

I switched over to Verizon about a year and a half ago due to my wife's plan with her family expiring.  When our plan was set up, we were looking to get the insurance plan, but after 5 hours of waiting and trying to get things sorted out with customer service in the store, the representative told us that we received a free upgrade for all of the hassle we had to go through in getting the phone set up.  He told us that this would be basically a substitute to the insurance because if anything broke we could just take it in to get a free upgrade to a new phone. 

Fast forward a year and 4 months when my wife drops and cracks her phone.  We called the service center and they claim that there are no notes in our account about any such free upgrade.  When I go into the store to talk to a manager, they are not present, so I leave my name and number for them to get back to me the next day.  After about a month of waiting with no calls, I go in again and finally the manager is working and we have a conversation.  I start by telling him my story and he acts as if I am lying to him and says that he was not working at the time I bought my contract, so there is nothing he can do.  So after I insist on a call to customer service in the store, they say the best they can do is to waive the $40 extra fee it would take to upgrade our phone.  Apparently we are out $300 because we trusted the customer service representative and it is our fault.  Well I guess that $300 upgrade just cost you my $200 a month I am currently paying for service.   

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have never in my life heard of anyone getting a free phone because they couldn't get insurance set up.  that makes no business sense at all.

mama23dogs
Legend

Ive never heard anything that ridiculous before.   I would have immediately filed that under "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is...."