VW are LIARS!
Formerverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went away in April for 5 days to Aruba and needed the global calling plan on both my phones. It was $40 per month. I spoke with a woman from VW and she said to make sure you call when you return to the USA to make sure they don't keep charging you $40 per phone each month! I called the day after returning home and when I went to make a payment at an agent location the bill was high so I questioned it and called. April, May, JUne and July were billed at an extra $80/mo because they said I never called. I asked to speak with a supervisor and got one who offered 25% off, 50%, 75% finally agreed to taking all but the month of April off the bill or I was cancelling my acct after 25 years with them. I wasn't budging as I didn't use the service for anything other than 5 days in April, I called and cancelled and then this: They lied to me saying "there is no way of them knowing if I used the phones internationally". I laughed and said "you can't be serious?". Long story short...they got back on the phone and agreed to remove the charges for May, June And July because it seems our technical dept says you never used it after April. WOW! Shocker! VW LYING to a customer?

FWD to today when my bill is high AGAIN. I called and waited 2 hours to get nowhere and they tell me my ACCT was only credited $50 total and thats all they can do for me. I was lied to when the service rep never called me back...then the SUPERVISOR says all the notes everytime you call are thorough and on screen for them to see. So I asked what the last person said in her notes. She said she couldn't tell me. I'm officially cancelling my VW ACCT today. Their business practices are borderline criminal. $240 they want when I cancelled  it? Then tell me its all set and lie about it only to say To bad? Nah, I'm done.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VW are LIARS!
Snn5
Legend

That's why I check my bill every month.  I can't imagine letting it just run rampant and unchecked for 4 months.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Know what my bill is every month and always read the notifications about all my bills. 

i also manage my bill and services online or check on it if I have to ask for help.  Humans make errors, and I can't afford someone else's mistakes.

Formerverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked for help. They said it would be credited and the lady was a [removed] LIAR! Called today and of the $240 they only credited $50 and say thats all they are going to do. All that after a combined 3 hours on the phone.

Content removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Loquat
Master - Level 1

Same here. I don't blindly pay any bills...and I don't use auto pay.  I'm not so busy that I can't take a moment to read over my statement and make a payment.  I question anything that looks suspicious.  It can be as little as a dollar difference and I'll question it.  Most of us work very hard for our $$$...and I won't give any more of it away than I have to....

Snn5
Legend

I use autopay to gain more data, but I'm prepaid, so my bill is the same every month, but I still look at the usage.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I concur with all of the other responses. If you called and they didn't take it off you would have had a case on the first month after it showed up again but after 4 months...you have to take SOME responsibility.

Formerverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you're saying they should be able to just charge customers for services they did not use? $240? Right! Also, when I spoke to a rep the 1st time she said it would be credited back FULL AMOUNT. She lied because they only credited me $50 total and the lady today said that's the best they can do. LIARS! Caught them in about 4 lies as the convo went on as well.

mama23dogs
Legend

According to Verizon Customer service agreement, you have 60 days to dispute a charge in writing.

WE aren't saying Verizon didn't make a mistake, but you have to be vigilant because this isn't a perfect world, mistakes are made.

Reps often request credit that are later vetoed because they do not adhere to the service agreement, which is the law of the land these days.

777Girard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look at my recent post regarding lies, misrepresentations and incompetence.  As an attorney,  I am astonished at the number of postings that are similar to what you and I have posted.

I could take about 4 courses of action, including small claims court, but the amount of money and time involved does not make it worth it for me and most other people.  I have done this in the past to only one satellite tv company where their behavior was obscene.  I walked away with $3800, but it took effort and time, and I know what I am doing.  Many folks have no legal background, which can even be a disadvantage in small claims court, much less other legal avenues of recourse.

Bottom Line:  Until customers take legal action against Verizon or their coverage monopoly ends they will get away with this dishonest, at best, behavior.

0 Likes