Re: VERY SLOW INTERNET EVEN WITH 4 BARS LTE
Not applicable

I believe that Verizon and all other carriers have their operating system reduce your phones effectiveness as it ages, to push you into upgrading your phone.

If you look it like a computer... (which is what phone are now a days).  If you buy brand new laptop, keep it for 5 years and you randomly format it and start from scratch.  It will run just fine, you will be able to function fine as long as you are not trying to run a program that is more demanding than your laptop can handle.

Cell phones how ever run less the longer you keep them no matter what you do.  Apple just got caught making their phones slow (with that stuff about battery issues..."cover story"), so don't think everyone else does not do the same thing.  Cell phones should be able to last much longer than they actually do.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Jorell80

My family and I have same issue I work in fort Scott ks and I get on a good day 2 to 3 mbps and that is garbage  3g was faster  and I know they can turn the speed up if you go into Clinton, mo next to the hospital 60 up and 60 down now you can't tell me that it not possible to increase speed and reception it's 2019 VERIZON ( WAKE THE heck UP) you are steeling money out of hard working people that just want less stress and all you are doing is adding it..

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@Jorell80 wrote:

My family and I have same issue I work in fort Scott ks and I get on a good day 2 to 3 mbps and that is garbage **bleep** 3g was faster  and I know they can turn the speed up if you go into Clinton, mo next to the hospital 60 up and 60 down now you can't tell me that it not possible to increase speed and reception it's 2019 VERIZON ( WAKE THE heck UP) you are steeling money out of hard working people that just want less stress and all you are doing is adding it..

It's called congestion and if it really bothers you then switch carriers. Yes you figured out Verizon game plan to delibertly give slow speeds so customers get angry and leave. GENIUS plan Verizon!

0 Likes
Four82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve had the Same problem.  Have 4 lines.  3 phones and 1 tablet.  They keep saying the irs because of high usage.   Well that is NOT the problem of the customer since Verizon promises high speeds.  If we are not getting those high speeds that is Verizon’s problem to solve if they want to keep their clients business.   If the problems aren’t fixed I’ll find another company that has less traffic flow.   I’m paying a premium for unlimited data.   It’s not use to me to have unlimited data when I can’t access it because of their over flow.   Not my problem.  

Jkilroy

Contact me- class action! 275 month no service in house , Boston trains etc !! 4 bars LTE cannot use phone !! Cant call late for work if train gets stuck... no service just txt 😤

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jkilroy, being able to get the best service possible for your device is a must. How long has this been affecting your device? Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps for your device since you noticed this issue?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Swimfan1984
Enthusiast - Level 3

You too? Sorry for your luck, but they’re worse than that even.

I’ve been through it too. Sold devices they claimed worked better or got a better signal (increasingly expensive devices with zero improvement), kept on CS for 16 hours to activate a phone they later said wouldn’t work, sent to Walmart 3 times for a working SIM and none worked (told me “oh well” and to get my money back by “selling them in the street”), left waiting at the store for a half hour while the employees played  in the back and when I asked if they “gave a dang at all” was told to leave the store for profanity.... I could go on, but it totals 3 years, 6 phones, two BBB complaints, $6,000, and I still have never had a phone that I can watch a low quality video on without buffering. It’s 2am now, on an iPhone 7plus, in a major metro area 1 block from a corporate store that the coverage map shows as “excellent”, and YouTube isn’t possible standing in my front yard. Total CS hours? Somewhere between 178 and 183.

Lie I’d lie lie lie lie. And I have em on tape, With screenshots, all that.... and they have....more money than us. Last week nobody could get through to me when I slept at home, and I missed an emergency court date. I now have a felony warrant for my arrest. $6k bought me a one way trip to prison... and likely a bill when I get out..

Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
LordRebel

All of you saying it’s congestion, I’m currently in a town of less than 1,000 people at 11pm on a Thursday night with full bars and lte service. Currently cannot get higher than 1.8Mbps down and 2.0 up. This has been all day. Every few days it’s like this. Doesn’t matter where I’m at. Normally I’m in a town 3.5 hours from here that is around 1500 people and I live less than 2 miles from a tower but get drops. I’m a third shift person so am mostly up at night and not during peak hours. If I’m lucky enough to hit 20-30 range I use it but that’s few and far between normally 10-15 then these drops for a day. 

0 Likes
genesullivan

Yes same here. I'm at a campground out in rual Texas. When I got here i had good speeds on my jetpack and phone. 3-4 bars lte. I didn't even get my booster out. Then after a few it died even showing 3-4 bars and lte.  got my booster out and still nothing. 

0 Likes
201kyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and it is infuriating! it will be working fine and then out of the blue I cannot even a webpage, use the maps, load a picture, refresh any apps at all, etc. I am in an area with many cell towers which makes it even more frustrating. During a period where the data was working (in the exact same location) I downloaded a few third party apps to check my connection speed. When the data is working, the speeds are fine, however I tried the test on two separate apps when the data is not working and they both will not work and say something is wrong. This is at my work location so it is where I spend most of my time and if I cannot figure out how to fix this, the only option I see it to switch providers.

0 Likes