VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
hrussell

I have been with Verizon for 7 plus years and this past year has been nothing but a headache.  My company does all our wireless with the Company and I am looking into finding a new company to handle our wireless needs. Most recent issue: I visited the West Chester Commons Verizon in Midlothian Virginia yesterday looking to replace a lost phone.  I was greeted at the door and explained my problem, the young man looked up my information and said that I should go through insurance since I was three months away from an early upgrade.  I asked to speak to customer service and the lady on the line explained that the only person that had the "discretion" to allow an early upgrade was the manager.  I asked to speak to the manager, who proceeded to give me an excuse.. so I stated "so, it is your discretion to not allow me to do an early upgrade", and he said nothing.  What bothered me the most was I was willing to pay for a new phone and would have even paid for the iPhone at full price but they did not once offer to show me pricing on any of these phones.  I guess since I was not up to sign a new contract then I was treated pretty poorly.  I have had other friends talk about the **bleep** poor customer service that they have also received.  Does Verizon not realize that once they **bleep** a customer off the chances of them leaving are high and the chances of them ever returning are nill to none.  I am glad to see that my loyalist approach to what I thought was a great company was tossed out with no better treatment then the trash in the dumpster.  I am very disappointed in you Verizon and as established business woman in marketing, I truly hope you find your way because you are headed for disaster!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

If you are willing to pay full price for a new phone, you don't need to sign a contract or use your upgrade.  Just pay full price, activate the phone on your line and your contract is not affected.

0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
Why do you expect to be allowed to break your contract 9 months into its 24 month term?
0 Likes
djw

We had similar (bad, no downright disgustingly AWFUL) service from the Verizon store in Huntsville, AL.  Six months ago they pulled a bait-&-switch on our 2nd line, and switched it w/the renew-date on our 3rd line.  Well, this new phone is a lemon and barely deserves to be called a wireless device - stops receiving TXT Msgs when it wants to; battery must be recharged DAILY!; alarm goes off indescrimenently; you name it, it has problems.  I demanded that they reset the plan back to where it was six months ago so we could get a diff phone, but they denied that, said they could replace it with the same phone!  This is the 2nd phone allready!  Just awful service, and hardware IMHO.  nuf said.

0 Likes
Re: VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE for ACTIVE MARINE IN MIDDLE EAST
unhappyvet

This is one very unhappyvet and I will tell you why,

My son-in-law has been shipped to the middle east and last December my daughter went to the local Verizon store in Valparaiso Indiana to purchase a "world" useable droid's phone to send to John.  Well John was in the mountains and didn't get his phone for 5 weeks, when he did he was informed he did not have the special unlimited data play for military even though at the time of order the "code" was given to the sales person.  John contacts Linda and now it is the first of April and we have been lied to, going to receive a call in 24-48 hours, notes that are put in the Verizon electronic file are NOT what happened on the phone.  I have never in my 50 years of dealing with people and companies had such poor customer service, not called back and just plain lied to.  Here is an example Customer service rep from Verizon world told us the plan was stopped because the FCC, us government, afghan government wanted it stopped.  After pushing where that agreement could be found Roxanne then said, will I heard that was the case but can't prove it. 

I am a man who does investigations for a living, interviews people and I must say these customer service people and supervisors are just so bad I can't find appropriate words to describe it.

We just got off the phone AGAIN and during the conversation was informed via the notes he had that the problem was resolved with a $50 credit which it was not, but he did offer to sell us new blackberry's and up the package we have to communicate with John.  His actual words were "if it means so much to talk, text, data with John, you would just get different phones and change plans, you already got $50 credit."  When asked if Verizon was going to take back the droid's phones, he said no, you purchased them.  these people will not even let us cancel the contract to go with another company, we don't really want to change company but want what we ordered in December.

The sales person who messed up admitted he did to his boss, which we were told by Verizon world would change everything and we would get the data plan, well more lies, now world customer service says can't do it,  why LIE, we are grown people we can take the truth. 

Does anyone except end users read the forum?

Any ideas to help, or how to talk to someone above these people  {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
brockky
0 Likes
Re: VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE for ACTIVE MARINE IN MIDDLE EAST
sexual_diviant
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry its long but its usefull information I promise.

First off Please tell your son in-law I said thank you for serving our Country . He has my utmost heartfilled love and respect. I think our Military men and women should recieve free cell phone service the whole time they serve, so they could keep in touch with thier loved ones and be able to text or  hear the voices of the ones they love and  miss when ever they get the oportunity.for as long as they are able to. 🙂

So back to your issue,. I hope this helps

I had a problem with Verizozn too and I just about lost my mind.But I resolved it (for the most part)      Despite what everyone says theres a better way of going about it. After fighting with Verizon over a $2000.00 charge that turned into $ 5000.00 charges,  do to thier  mistakse to begin with (for not adding my unlimited data plan to a phone I had to reactivate untill my 3rd phone replacement arrived) 

They began with the "mistake" that was to cost me $2000.00.and had my phones shut off in the middle of my billing cycle.after pointing out that I had an unlimited data plan they  agreed to put it in an "in review" but still wanted me to pay 15.00 per phone to reconnect. I refused, being that it was thier mistake to begin with. They agreed to add it  to the $2000.00 already being reviewed .Now you would think this is a no brainer right? Of course not.

It took me 1 year 7months, 9phones (8 were defective) and thousands of hours on the phone with them to get it resolved.

BUT DONT FRET. I'll save you the time I  had to spend finding out who to talk to.

I looked on line to get Verizons Corporate number and was amazed to find out that I could not use a Verizon cell phone or landline to get through. It was blocked. I used a girlfriends phone who had Sprint ( I believe) and recieved a ring and then an answer. That made me more livid than I already was.

Long story short . I was able to get ahold of an executive and she settled all my problems.

They had lost 830.00 dollars I paid them

had two years of my bank statements to prove it,

countless reconections fees  from shutting my phone off every two weeks

multiple adjustments  and charges that NOONE could figure out pluss much more.

I stopped paying them for five months and swore Id sue if they disconnected me one more time.

So a $5,000.00  bill and no payment for 5  months ended up costing me  $248.00 all said and done. This is her number.

Jennifer    @  949-286-1065 and yes you can use a verizon number to call fro

Good luck!

As for your bank you can file a a claim on a Merchants mistake or fraudulant charges. ( taking money without authorization) just because you authorize a company to take money once does not mean they can take it again .  If you  you file a claim against them through your bank and tell them you want to persue it , they have to open up a claim against Verizon. You can do this for everything from unauthorized funds to an item or service not being as advertised! you should get your money back in 10 days or less. Then the bank will hack it out with them. Otherwise start calling the higher ups at your bank. (BTW allways do it over the phone and not at the branch. Branch managers dont have that much pull.) start out with speaking to a supervisor. You have already battled with the front line staff  with out satisfaction.

Unfortunatley  two weeks after Jennifer released my account ( she put a hold on it for a couple months {meaning noone could touch it but her} until she could untangle thier mess)  there was a 400.00 charge on my account. When I asked how this could be I was told that somehow the system didnt generate a bill for me for the previouse month.. I was furiouse!!  After a few choice words on where they could put my plan I  told them to just cancle my account and I double dog dared them  them to take me  court. They violated thier own contract so I was out . I recieved one half hearted bill that didnt add up (figures too , no wonder they have so many problems thier people cant even add)  and that was it . nothing has showed on my credit and its been a little over a year. .Im on Net talk and am only paying 50.00 a month (prepaid) with better service coverage a truely unlimited talk, text and web! There's other companies out there for way less and much more to offer. . I had Verizon for YEARS!!!! but Im glad I switched. .FYI most of the prepaid services are owned by iether AT&T,Sprint or Verizon, so they are still going to use the same towers.I dont know anyone who isnt getting  the same reception the actual owning carrier is getting.

Good luck and feel free  to add me or follow me . they arent restrictive in personal messages on hjere but that can only happen when people are listed in eachothers contacts or following.   🙂

Katlyn

P.S. allways ask to speek with a supervisor and if that doesnt work ask to speak with the supervisors supervisor. Its the law that they give you corporates number .FYI  you wont get it from anyone there

0 Likes
sexual_diviant
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh yes I forgot ......and look on EBAY for phones that are unlocked or jailbroke you can get them way cheaper and they will program it in advance if you give the carrier, place, etc. read the sellers info . It will tell you all this in thier discription or on the part didcribing thier company. I've bought great phones for 1/4 of the price (refurbished and brand new).

Again   Good luck!

Katlyn

0 Likes
jdonnell

Thank you Katlyn.  I have left Jennifer a message and hope that she can resolve my issue without having to move forward with my BBB complaint.  I am just shocked at what I have been dealing with over the last few weeks over them only processing one of my two phones that were returned in the SAME box!

0 Likes
lingo
Contributor - Level 1

The the original poster,

You are eligible for an early upgrade before you ever complete your 24 month contract. So your eligible 4 months before you ever complete it and then you would like an additional 3 months to make it 7 months so you only complete 17 months of the contract? A bit unfair to other party in any contract wouldn't you say?

0 Likes