VERY FRUSTRATED LONG TIME CUSTOMER!!!
tlp0927

My plan has 4 phone lines, 3 tablets and one hot spot  To say that I spend a lot of money with Verizon is an understatement.   I just upgraded 3 phones at one time through Best Buy.  I was told at the time that there would be no activation fees.  I looked at my bill today and see that while I was not charged activation fees I was charged the same amount in a "upgrade" fee per line.  This is [Removed].  We called to complain and the most they would offer was to refund 1/2 of this amount.  They are willing to let me and all 4 of my phone lines, all three of my tablets and my hot spot walk out the door to a competitor vs refunding me $45.  This is the reward I get for YEARS of loyalty to this provider and hundreds of dollars per month in revenue?  I am quite sure that all my friends on social media are going to love to hear this story.  Looks like I am well on the way to becoming either a Sprint or AT& T customer.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VERY FRUSTRATED LONG TIME CUSTOMER!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You upgraded three phones at a third party retailer not a corporate store so you were billed for the upgrade fee per the Customer Agreement. If you had upgraded at any corporate store, you would have paid the upgrade fees during the same transaction you had to purchase the phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you don't want to pay the upgrade fees, next time purchased the "unlocked" version of a phone if one is available. You will not pay an upgrade fee to Verizon if you do so. Examples of unlocked versions of phones which are compatible with Verizon would be iPhone7, Pixel, HTC U11 and I believe possibly the Samsung Galaxy S8. Of course, you have to make those purchases directly from Apple, Google, HTC and Samsung respectively.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tlp0927, we would never want to lose you as a valued customer. I have sent you a private message via this forum. Please respond to that message so we may explore options.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes